TAT to propose just one Covid-19 test for foreign visitors to Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand has told the Thai media that he plans to ask the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration to consider letting foreign visitors to Thailand take just one RT-PCR test

If you want people to visit drop every ridiculous test, insist on proof of double vaccination and leave it at that.

The one thing you should insist on is a minimum of vaccination or tests for locals.

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Being fully vaccinated does not equate to not being infected or infectious to others, especially the unvaccinated. Less likely if vaccinated to require hospitalisation

Yes, 100% agree, but the flaw of your argument is that you and everybody on the plane have been fully vaccinated (with NOT chinese vaccine) , has just paid silly money and gone through even more sillier hoops are about to mix with a population that is probably 85% NOT vaccinated and you are more at risk of them - not them of you.

IF Thailand was 100% vaccinated, and IF Thailand was in the single digits of infection, then the precautions would be valid, otherwise its just continual madness.

YOu have to open fully at some point, This closure is now half the length nearly of WW1 !

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes, 100% agree, but the flaw of your argument is that you and everybody on the plane have been fully vaccinated (with NOT chinese vaccine) , has just paid silly money and gone through even more sillier hoops are about to mix with a population that is probably 85% NOT vaccinated and you are more at risk of them - not them of you.

IF Thailand was 100% vaccinated, and IF Thailand was in the single digits of infection, then the precautions would be valid, otherwise its just continual madness.

YOu have to open fully at some point, This closure is now half the length nearly of WW1 !

The second paragraph makes no sense to me at all, I have read it several times and remains incomprehensible 

24 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

The second paragraph makes no sense to me at all,

Seems to me that in the 2nd para he’s saying that if everyone in Thailand were double vaccinated (as is the case for everyone on the arriving flight), and if the number of infections in Thailand was very low, then there might be a case for PCR tests of the passengers, but otherwise not. Only possible objection I can see to this logic is that you might argue that there’s a small risk of an arriving passenger introducing a new strain of virus to Thailand.

4 minutes ago, cheapcanuck said:

Don't get your panties in a bunch over this. It's just a proposal. It may never come to be. If it happens,  roll with it buttercups.

Lots of reports about this from many different agencies. Things are looking up!  Hopefully....LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Oh that's brilliant.

I was in quarantine for 15 days and I live here. I am fully vaccinated and had to get 3 tests.

I assume they'll also drop quarantine now if they're going to just let anyone in who's vaccinated right?

You're underestimating the proverbial ThaiThink.

• Like 1