best strategy for park & ride in BKK coming from PTY?

tgw

I will soon have a fun (NOT) errands day in BKK and I want to figure out the best way to not waste time.

I live in Pattaya, and I will probably drive my car to BKK.

I would have taken a bus, but the very convenient Airport Bus from Jomtien isn't in service now.

My plan for now is to drive to Suvarnabhumi, leave my car there in the airport parking and hop on the Airport Rail link (35 baht to Makkasan).

What I did in the past was to drive to Tesco at On Nut and leave my car on their parking lot for the day. BTS On Nut is directly next to Tesco.

I don't know if that is still possible, they might now charge for the parking (how much?) or put a time limit - what is the newest info on that?

Are there any other convenient places that I could use instead of that Tesco? Must be directly next to a BTS/MRT or airport rail link station.

Any other good ideas welcome.

*I checked the "park & ride" offers on the BTS website, but none are conveniently located coming from Pattaya

Edited by tgw

22 hours ago, tgw said:

What I did in the past was to drive to Tesco at On Nut and leave my car on their parking lot for the day. BTS On Nut is directly next to Tesco.

I don't know if that is still possible, they might now charge for the parking (how much?) or put a time limit - what is the newest info on that?

They were charging a year ago.

Think you get the first three hours free, then it was about 30 or 40 baht an hour after that.

I live in Pattaya too never like to drive in and I mean never unless it is an emergency.   What I do is take my car to the Bus station on Pattaya Nua, coming from 3rd road just before the bus station is a parking area for cars and bus the last few years I just take my bike I forget what it is for a car now. I believe a bit less that a hundred baht.

Currently I just checked the Ekkamai bus schedule now running 119 baht, schedule starts at 5am and runs every two hours so that should be thereafter 7,9,11, etc  prior to the pandemic due to traffic I would tell the lady that I want to get off at Udon Suk, which off up the stairs to the BTS. 

Recently to get my pfizers shots at Medpark I took the Van but they make a lot of stops ride to Ekkamai took around 2 and a half hours with post pandemic traffic.  It open my eyes that the bus service, condition, the drivers were much more profession and enjoyable to take there isn't a comparison to me the BUS all the way.