Cultural Department Launches Project to Promote Traditional Thai Cuisine

snoop1130

f08d9e21add123913dd317ae51d39cb2_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Department of Cultural Promotion has launched the savory “Thai Taste Therapy” project to promote traditional Thai cuisine and its health benefits around the world.

Department Director-General Chai Nakhonchai said the project brings together the department and 50 famous Thai chefs to create Thai food with health benefits, to meet the needs of the health-conscious worldwide.

He said the project was launched in line with the current situation, when many people are paying attention to what they eat, and expects it to help Thai food gain confidence abroad, as well as create a new global tag called “the World’s Tastiest Medicine.”

The Director-General said the Department of Cultural Promotion has, so far, registered 20 types of Thai food as a cultural heritage, including Tom Yum Goong (spicy shrimp soup) and Som Tam (papaya salad), adding that the department aiming to register more Thai food in the future.

nnt.jpg
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Gandtee said:

What a great time to promote Thai traditional food, I don't think. A time when many restaurants are closed and cooking staff laid off. With the stringent rules and regulations having to be followed by eateries who will chance getting up and running, only to be knocked back in a couple of weeks?

Not to mention the large number of nationals who struggle to buy rice. I guess rice seasoned with a few roadside greens and the odd insect or two is traditional cuisine, no?

As for Thai food being nutritious, much less medicinal, I'll hold my peace.

• Like 2