Kasikorn ATM card?

I tried to google 'Kasikorn ATM card', but only found debit cards. I don't have much use for debit cards in Thailand, but would prefer a simple ATM card. Does Kasikornbank still give out 'ATM cards'?

If not, could I, at least use the debit card I receive for online purchases (e.g. Agoda, Air Asia), or ATM withdrawals abroad (e.g. Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Vietnam)?

Who has experience using Kasikorn debit cards for online purchases and ATM withdrawals overseas?

I have one, issued from Pattaya Tai branch a few weeks ago. 

Sorry it says Debit, I'd never even looked at it, I just asked for an ATM card and that is what they gave me. I am a passbook and cash person by instinct, first time I've had one here in over 20 years. 

Edited by rott

If you don't want a debit card because it can be used (or misused) for purchases, just set the purchase limit on the debit card to zero then you have created an ATM card as  the debit card can now only be used for ATM withdrawals.  Any purchase attempt would fail/be rejected since the purchase limit has been set to zero.   

That's how I have my Bangkok Bank debit cards setup...and I can easily turne the purchase back on at with a selected baht limit say for once purchase...make the purchase....and then set the purchase limit back to zero  I expect with K-bank debit cards you can do the same.  

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 8:03 PM, rott said:

I have one, issued from Pattaya Tai branch a few weeks ago. 

Sorry it says Debit, I'd never even looked at it, I just asked for an ATM card and that is what they gave me. I am a passbook and cash person by instinct, first time I've had one here in over 20 years. 

Did the clerk also go for 30 minutes through your passport, intently checking every single visa from other countries 4-5 times? (My passport is almost full.) - After 2 minutes, of the bank clerk being unable to find my latest visa extension, I politely pointed it out to her on one of the last pages. Still she had to (try to) read what was written on every China- , Cambodia visa, etc., from six years ago! Then she went to the branch manager, with the same procedure going on for another 15 minutes. - Absolutely clueless.

In my experience, staff at the smaller K-Bank branches have to be the most incompetent of any bank in Thailand.

Got a debit card in the end, after the clerk had told me at first I could get an ATM card. At least I can avoid going into the bank now, where staff don't speak English and are clueless.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

A Kasikorn ATM card doubles as an ATM card - use it for whichever you want.

Yes, I've used my card both online and abraod.  It wasn't an easy process and my card was declined on several occasions. You have to visit the branch to have the various services activated - each service requires its own activation. You'd also be well advised to set your limits for each different activity.

One thing to note, even after all that my card was refused the next time I tried to use it.  I had entered my name - as is usual with all my other cards but of course at Kasikorn your name is 'Privileged Member'.

46 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Did the clerk also go for 30 minutes through your passport, intently checking every single visa from other countries 4-5 times? (My passport is almost full.) - After 2 minutes, of the bank clerk being unable to find my latest visa extension, I politely pointed it out to her on one of the last pages. Still she had to (try to) read what was written on every China- , Cambodia visa, etc., from six years ago! Then she went to the branch manager, with the same procedure going on for another 15 minutes. - Absolutely clueless.

In my experience, staff at the smaller K-Bank branches have to be the most incompetent of any bank in Thailand.

Got a debit card in the end, after the clerk had told me at first I could get an ATM card. At least I can avoid going into the bank now, where staff don't speak English and are clueless.

None of the above and not a small branch either. Could not have been pleasanter or more helpful. 

There you go. 

Do I mention that I've had just enough drink to make me mellow, but not enough to make me want more. I won't then. A coffee and a kebab will do fine. 

On 9/18/2021 at 9:14 PM, rott said:

None of the above and not a small branch either. Could not have been pleasanter or more helpful. 

Yes, at the larger branches with foreign customer traffic they seem to be more competent. 

However, I went to a large K-Bank branch near Victory Monument once. For some reason the branch manager went out of his way to help me pay a bill. I gave him the money, he went to a cashier, cashier takes money, counts out change, branch manager counts too, comes to me, sitting at a counter booth, hands me the slip and the change... Change is wrong and 12 baht short!

Something like that never happened to me at other Thai banks. But yes, at some K-Bank branches they have cute assistants standing around like hostesses...

Edited by StayinThailand2much