Medallion Signature Guarantees And US Banks In Bangkok

I need a medallion signature guarantee so that I can wire money from my Fidelity account to a bank in Thailand.

Googling around, I came across these two branches:

JP Morgan Chase Bank
20 North Sathorn Road, Bubhajit Building100
Bangkok 10500
Tel: 662-684-2805

Citibank NA
399 Interchange 21 Building
Sukhumvit Road
Klongtoey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Tel: 662-232-2484

Has anyone dealt with these branches?

Anyone know if they will provide a medallion signature guarantee for me?  I guess I could open an account with them if that was what was required to get the medallion signature guarantee.

Topic has come up here at least a few times so a search might yield some insight. I don't recall a lot of success, but maybe things have changed?

I was able to create standing wire transfer orders at Fidelity ( for SCB and BBL ) in person, at a branch so no need for the medallion thingy, during a visit to the U.S.

All that said, I'd just use Wise. Just as fast, can be done on-line so no need for a call to Fidelity, and yields only slightly fewer baht (Fidelity does not charge any international wire transfer fees).

Do you have another bank/account in the U.S.? It may be easier to Wise from that, and Fidelity offers free domestic ACHs to that account; can be done online. I've Wise'd from BofA to BBL successfully. Never tried from Fidelity.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...