Thailand’s Foreign Minister to visit Washington and UN next week

webfact

Don-Pramudwinai.jpg

Thailand’s Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai is to visit Washington and will attend the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) and ASEAN related meetings in New York next week, according to an informed source.

The trip, which will take place from September 20-29, has been described as a “significant visit” by the senior Thai minister, who will meet with his US counterpart and hold numerous bilateral meetings with Thailand’s friends.

The source, who asked not to be named, said that the visit comes at a crucial time as the UN General Assembly prepares to deliberate over key global issues, ranging from climate change and COVID-19 to regional issues, including the situations in Afghanistan and Myanmar. “Thailand’s role and voice are crucial,” said the source.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-foreign-minister-to-visit-washington-and-un-next-week/

Logo-top-.png

5 hours ago, webfact said:

UN General Assembly prepares to deliberate over key global issues, ranging from climate change and COVID-19 to regional issues, including the situations in Afghanistan and Myanmar.

A tad embarrassing for him... I guess the language barrier might help... sorry I don't understand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Nothing along the lines regarding these grave concerns.

He'll be asking for money.

Bottom line.

I am sure there will be a considerable amount of Horse Trading taking place in the Back Room meetings that will be out of the main arena limelight.

With the new Alliance between the US, UK and OZ over the procurement of Nuclear Subs for OZ, along with the survailance of the S. China Sea by this new Alliance, I am positive Thailand will have some cards to play.

It just depends on what they offer, and the cost.

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I am sure there will be a considerable amount of Horse Trading taking place in the Back Room meetings that will be out of the main arena limelight.

With the new Alliance between the US, UK and OZ over the procurement of Nuclear Subs for OZ, along with the survailance of the S. China Sea by this new Alliance, I am positive Thailand will have some cards to play.

It just depends on what they offer, and the cost.

Who are they playing cards with?  It will not be the US. That ship has sailed. The US has moved on to Vietnam as its key ally in the region, something I think might be formalized within a few years. Thailand has already played it cards and lost. The only country still dealing them a hand is China.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Well, that's good that they will finally play a crucial role for a change.

I'm looking forward to hear him talk about progress in reducing Thailand's greenhouse emissions, denounce the coup in Myanmar and return to free elections, reducing China's influence and control in Thailand, and acknowledge the government's mistakes and failure to deliver ample and effective vaccines to fight Covid.

Please don't hold your breath, or you may discover how Ferrari Jo prisoners felt!

• Like 1