Sports Mall

1 minute ago, robblok said:

for a home gym look up gymware its one of the cheapest suppliers of quality home gym equipment.

https://www.gymware.com/

Also if you just need a powerrack, decathlon has a cheap one and also sells dumbbells'. 

As for the BKK store I think your talking about FBT sports complex near ramkangheang 

Thanks.

What/where is decathlon? Is that a brand on the website?

FBT, that might be it. I think there was a large stadium nearby....

Just now, HeijoshinCool said:

Thanks.

What/where is decathlon? Is that a brand on the website?

FBT, that might be it. I think there was a large stadium nearby....

Decathlon is one of the biggest chain of sports stores in Thailand it has both shops and an website.

https://www.decathlon.co.th/th/

Yes its FBT im pretty sure of it been there a few times not the best place for gym equipment but still not bad.

Personally gymware is your best option in my book. However it takes him around 20 days to complete an order. But price quality is quite good. I have yet to see something cheaper. (decathlon is cheaper i think for a powerrack)

When you say home gym, what is it your after ? Like a powerrack and a bench and barbell so you can do most exercises ? or some kind of machine ?. Flooring is really important i think the decathlon flooring option is cheapest. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Decathlon is one of the biggest chain of sports stores in Thailand it has both shops and an website.

https://www.decathlon.co.th/th/

Yes its FBT im pretty sure of it been there a few times not the best place for gym equipment but still not bad.

Personally gymware is your best option in my book. However it takes him around 20 days to complete an order. But price quality is quite good. I have yet to see something cheaper. (decathlon is cheaper i think for a powerrack)

When you say home gym, what is it your after ? Like a powerrack and a bench and barbell so you can do most exercises ? or some kind of machine ?. Flooring is really important i think the decathlon flooring option is cheapest. 

At first I was considering a multi-station, but that would require my sacrificing a bedroom. Looking at the GymWare website just now, I like the separate machines better as they will fit on my covered side porch nicely. Add some free weights and I'm good to go.

Have you seen a TotalGym in Thailand?

2 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

At first I was considering a multi-station, but that would require my sacrificing a bedroom. Looking at the GymWare website just now, I like the separate machines better as they will fit on my covered side porch nicely. Add some free weights and I'm good to go.

Have you seen a TotalGym in Thailand?

Im not much into machines, more into free weights. However i got a adjustable cable cross, and a lat pully and a powerrack. I feel that is enough for me. But some people like machines more up to them I say.

I havent seen a total gym at least not a good one at an affordable price.

I have bought stuff from gymware a few times and must say the guy is trustworthy and good. If your still in the US and are able to ship stuff to Thailand I would look into ironmaster adjustable dumbbells'. I got 3 sets and IMHO there are no better dumbbells' in the world. I had to import them. Hurt me badly but never regretted it since.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Im not much into machines, more into free weights. However i got a adjustable cable cross, and a lat pully and a powerrack. I feel that is enough for me. But some people like machines more up to them I say.

I havent seen a total gym at least not a good one at an affordable price.

I have bought stuff from gymware a few times and must say the guy is trustworthy and good. If your still in the US and are able to ship stuff to Thailand I would look into ironmaster adjustable dumbbells'. I got 3 sets and IMHO there are no better dumbbells' in the world. I had to import them. Hurt me badly but never regretted it since.

I do prefer free weights but I like lat pulldowns and crossovers myself. Lower back prevents me from doing squats, so I do like seated squats, leg extensions, and leg curls.

I have a TotalGym and can sit on it for hours working chest and arms and abs with lighter resistance on off days. Too big and heavy to bring with me.

Thanks, man.

2 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

I do prefer free weights but I like lat pulldowns and crossovers myself. Lower back prevents me from doing squats, so I do like seated squats, leg extensions, and leg curls.

I have a TotalGym and can sit on it for hours working chest and arms and abs with lighter resistance on off days. Too big and heavy to bring with me.

Thanks, man.

I think it will be hard to find one that is affordable, best go for separate machines. Just tailor it to your needs. In the end i went for machines that used plates (as i have many for my olympic bar) instead of the weight stacks in gyms. Saved me some money. You have to think about that too.

Good luck and if you ever need some advice i know the options for gym equipment in Thailand pretty well. But this way you know most of it.

I bought some really expensive rubber flooring tiles 1200 or more per tile for 1 by 1 but these tiles will even allow deadlifts and the like. Its a bit better then decathlons stuff but that stuff is already really good.

• Like 1

Thanks.

Going to be remodeling my bungalow when I get back and will be looking at adding to the existing room outside, under the same roof as my porch, that I use for an office. Once I have dimensions I might have some questions. But it really is going to be pretty simple. A dip and pull-up machine; lat pull-down; adjustable bench; leg machines, and if I can fit it, a cable crossover.

In the meantime, I'll be looking at the GymWare website and gathering info.

Cyaa.

• Like 1