White sheets tissue paper

mls

Have been looking high and low for some white sheets of tissue paper to wrap fragile items and clothes. They need to be about 18 x 24 inches.

As i cannot go out, my Thai partner has been looking but I don't think he really knows what tissue paper is, even though I supplied him with an old sample.

Am aware it is an odd request but would think that most large stores would use it to wrap things, so it must be available somewhere?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

mls

My first thoughts were a school supplies shop.

Then if you look on lazada - search for 'tracing paper' you will see a company paperthai sells it in 50 sheets, but its not quite the thin paper you are looking for, but its the right size and price.

Another place worth checking is places that sell shop supplies, like plastic bags along with clothes rails, like you say, places like Robinsons wrap crockery in it when you buy.

I have been "looking" for the same thing, basically acid free tissue, in which to wrap silver. With no maid for 5 months, and probably not for another 2, I decided that my big passion will have to go under wraps.

Anyway, I couldn't find any, basically because either the stores were closed, or I am still self-isolating until I get my second jab, so was not looking, per se.

Wrapped pieces in soft cloth, and put into sealed bags.

Really slumming it here. 

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Try the stationery/school & office supplies department upstairs in Friendship, it's surprising what they've got up there.

Think Friendship is a good place to try. Often has things upstairs that you wouldn't expect, so thanks for the suggestion. One place I hadn't thought of!

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Guess I'll just have to keep looking since tracing paper is much too stiff and toilet or kitchen roll too soft and small for wrapping.

Shops suppliers will be worth a try too. But it is pretty frustrating not being able to find something as common as tissue paper...

Be aware on Lazada. The more search terms you use, the more <deleted> you will see. Unlike Amazon, Lazada uses the "or" option when searching words. So when you type "tissue sheets" for example, it looks for any entry that has the word "tissue" or the word "sheet" in it.
(Their filtering options usually leave a lot to be desired as well.)

I tried "white tissue sheets" and had about 33,000 hits, including listings for diapers, printer paper, napkins and other junk.

Also, don't automatically select the first thing you see that looks good. The default list is "Best Match" but I have no idea what criteria they use to determine that.

I generally pick "Low to High" as many vendors will try to undersell their competitors and you can often find the exact same item being offered for 20% (or more) cheaper that what others are selling it for. I then scroll through the listings until I get to what I'm looking for and then check the details to make sure it's the right item.

(Of course, many of the "vendors" are one and the same. Different shop names but the same person/people behind the name.)

Selecting "Local" from the filtering options in the left column will generally tell you if the item is being stocked in Thailand, thus a shorter delivery time. Not a guarantee though.