Registration for Moderna vaccinations at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya

Kerryd

There is a new notice on the BHP website for people who want to register to buy (not free) Moderna vaccinations - to be delivered between January-March 2022.
Registration starts on 18 Sept (today) at 09:00.

(No, no one here has a clue why we are expected to pay for this or why it's not available until January or later. It's not mandatory so if you don't want/need this one, you are free to ignore it.)

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/packages-and-promotions/online-packages-en/item/3082-moderna-vaccine-lot-2-en.html

It's 1,650 baht for 1 dose (not including any doctor's fees if you need a consultation or additional treatment).

(Note that other private hospitals have been offering this for a couple months now, at 3,300 baht for two doses. Supposedly available starting in October.)

You have to register and pay via the Line app - on your phone - though.)

Been trying for 10 minutes now, but I don't think the link will be active until 9 as right now it just goes to a blank page.

Edited by Kerryd
  • Haha 1

The link is working now.

Annoying as they need to you attach the bank transfer "payment slip" when processing the order. So I'm buying it on Line, but paying for it through my internet banking on my computer, then having to take a pic of the "payment confirmation" screen and attaching that to the Line form.

Well, got a few months for them to sort it out. By then I should have a shoulder full of jab marks of one kind or another.

53 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

So I'm buying it on Line, but paying for it through my internet banking on my computer, then having to take a pic of the "payment confirmation" screen and attaching that to the Line form.

Pay via the phone? My BB app generates a screen copy of the payment transaction automatically..

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Pay via the phone? My BB app generates a screen copy of the payment transaction automatically..

Yeah, never been a fan of using my phone to pay for stuff, or to keep sensitive information on. Especially around here. 

Does seem to be the way it's going though. I see my neighbours getting stuff delivered (like an iced coffee from the 7-11 that's barely 300 meters away :dry:) and they hold up their phone and the delivery person holds up their phone then they both look at their screens and go their separate ways.

Soon you won't be able to buy anything for cash ! No phone, no purchase !

• Like 1

Got my payment confirmation this morning (or maybe it was late yesterday). 

Just got to watch my SMS and email messages now, though I probably won't hear anything until January if I'm lucky. By which time they'll probably be telling us that we need a whole different set of vaccines to combat the "T-Virus" strain.

15 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Got my payment confirmation this morning (or maybe it was late yesterday). 

Just got to watch my SMS and email messages now, though I probably won't hear anything until January if I'm lucky. By which time they'll probably be telling us that we need a whole different set of vaccines to combat the "T-Virus" strain.

They are planning for the Moderna Variant 2, probably the next batch

Screenshot_2021-09-18-16-34-15-612_jp.naver.line.android.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

It's weird. They are limiting the number of registrations as they say there are only 12,000 doses (that will be) available.

If they are taking orders now, why wouldn't they take as many as they can and then order that many ? Instead of deciding beforehand to limit it to just 12,000 ?
What if there are 19,560 people wanting the Moderna vaccine ? 
Too bad, so sad for the 7,560 people that couldn't register ? Wait until the next time, whenever that may be ?

I think it's the same at the other hospital (KSBR) where they too had a cut-off even before they knew how many people wanted that vaccine.

And BHP did that before with the AZ registration I think. They had an announcement on their site and what, 12 hours later the registration was already closed as they'd reached the limit they'd set already ?

Seems like a weird way to do something.

• 1 month later...