Bumrungrad Dr fees?

clivebaxter

In my experience at that hospital, several visits to the same doctor within the same year , all have different  prices, when i asked why  i was told... " it depends on the length of time you spend with the doctor  & questions asked"

• Like 1

I saw a Dermatologist at Bum recently for a consultation and he spent about 20 minutes with me, no charge.  I eventually had surgery with him to add the cost of the surgery was a whooping 80,000 b less then a competing hospital.

I would call and ask.  They seem to want/need the business now so give it a shot.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Can't remember how much I paid for the first visit, but I would be careful they don't reel you in.

Very difficult to escape their clutches.

Think I shelled out 250k over 6 months.

Yep, hate to say it but it's bit of a racket. I went into consult re occasional bellyache and came out with dates for endoscopy, colonoscopy, EKG, ... The doctor gets credit for billing. So there's the incentive.

5 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Yep, hate to say it but it's bit of a racket. I went into consult re occasional bellyache and came out with dates for endoscopy, colonoscopy, EKG, ... The doctor gets credit for billing. So there's the incentive.

Something very similar.....blood test, not conclusive, Ultrasound, can't see anything, best have an MRI, might be something there, best have a biopsy......oh! Happy days nothing found.

Now that could be all above board and medically sound........but it does make me wonder!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Now that could be all above board and medically sound........but it does make me wonder!

It's the billion baht hospital system rolling on the backs of little billing bots aka docs. In the old country we had GPs with a local practice. They would poke and prod and then tell you to drink more water and less coffee. Sometimes that would be it or maybe a capsule or two. Tests would come when all else failed.

Are there non-hospital GPs here working out of a little non-fancy clinic?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, konaboy said:

spent 30 minutes there with my cardiologist. 1900 BT

Hopefully one will steady his/her hearts from a shock before receiving such hefty bill for consultation only...

A fried was admitted to Medpark hospital last week for Covid treatment, 30,000 baht a day for room only, was given crappy food, nurses hardly speaks english and aloof doctors, stay away from that place...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1