Pattaya would like to hold Fireworks Festival, Loy Krathong festival, and other events in the next several months but no final decisions yet

webfact

I think it's too early to propose holding these events, sure they attract local tourists but I think they would have more beneficial impact delaying them and having a Pattaya re-opening promotional blitz in the lead up to Songkran. The timing is just not right,  but I daresay the public interest isn't the only factor at play in these large budget events. 

On 9/20/2021 at 4:14 AM, RichardColeman said:

Just what the hungry, unemployed and homeless Thais of Pattaya need - a flipping waste of money on fireworks.

What they need is exactly Pattaya back to normality and tourists coming back.

And all this helps.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2021 at 8:32 AM, internationalism said:

a strange hesitation, as country is clearly opening now, even to international tourists

Merely open doesn't mean tourists rushing to go to a place where bars are closed, no alcohol in your meals, nothing to do there and curfew at 9 PM.

• Like 1

Just what the hungry, unemployed and homeless Thais of Pattaya need - a flipping waste of money on fireworks.

Who actually pays for them?

It is usually a very popular and well attended event.. i always book into a hotel for it.

8 hours ago, champers said:

It was estimated that 100,000 attended over the 2 nights last year. Bars were open and beer could be drunk on the beach. All sorts of businesses were given a boost, albeit short-lived.

It was packed..... and very much highlighted the parking failures, especially around T21. Social distancing was out the window and non-Thai Asians hawkers were mixing with people on the beach. (At that time the infection numbers in our neighbours was a concern). I expect to do it again in November!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It was packed..... and very much highlighted the parking failures, especially around T21. Social distancing was out the window and non-Thai Asians hawkers were mixing with people on the beach. (At that time the infection numbers in our neighbours was a concern). I expect to do it again in November!

The massive new parking garage going up at T21 will, hopefully, help with the 'parking failures' when it is done.  But, likely still massive traffic jams when it is over.  Always a very popular event.

If they don't spend the money on fireworks, would the hungry, unemployed and homeless see any of it? I don't think so. Rich people saving money doesn't help the poor.

The world's 2,365 billionaires enjoyed a $4 trillion boost to their wealth during the first year of the pandemic. An increase in wealth of 54%. The rich are loving it.

Edited by JensenZ