4 million baht Tesla goes up in flames after crash in Samut Songkhram

webfact

58 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Okay, another paranoid contributor who wants to hide where he comes from. Plenty of them contribute on this site, and I have no idea what stokes their paranoia. It suggests a deep fear and/or insecurity, and I wonder what causes that. Are we really such a dangerous bunch?

Signed

Someone from a large island situated off of mainland Europe

In short: Imperialist...????

PS: I'm just polite and modest, and not speaking loud out about where I comes from - but you might have noticed it from the letters of the fire brigade in the images - however, if you wish to know it, without clicking on my profile, then I originates from the World's number one country in Taxation, a.k.a. Denmark...????

Edited by khunPer
  • Thanks 1

I understand that electric vehicles are more likely to catch fire after an accident than petrol or diesel vehicles due to the nature of their Lithium Ion batteries. Sometimes they can burst into flames days or even weeks later

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Fresh water is not a good conductor. If one wishes to neutralize/discharge lithium cells it is necessary to add salt to the water.

Distilled water is not a good conductor owing to the lack of impurities.

Do you think that fire truck is filled with distilled water?

On 9/20/2021 at 6:08 PM, chalawaan said:
On 9/20/2021 at 5:28 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No, the joke is someone bringing up the irrelevant subject of US car prices on vehicles bought in Thailand...every single time!

Lou, the world is not out to get you, we don't hate you, why so prickly on every post?

It's just my expressing an opinion, that it may not align with yours doesn't make it "prickly".  

On 9/20/2021 at 7:54 PM, IamNoone88 said:

Petrol car the best and always will be in my life time. 

The best at what? They are on their way out. Electric is just getting started. Electric already produce the fastest production cars available which, while irrelevant to normal driving in so many ways, means efficiency will outpace ICE. Teslas are made so well that the testing authorities had to change their standards adding 'extra levels' to cater for their industry leading safety standard. Advances in solar will mean most commuting will be powered by parking outside. Maintenance is so simple. Many Tesla owners claim they spend more on tires than energy for the life of one set.

This guy crashed a car so badly that it caught fire but escaped with minor injuries. Try that in a diesel pick up made in Chonburi.

On 9/20/2021 at 7:54 PM, IamNoone88 said:

Petrol car the best and always will be in my life time. 

The best at what? They are on their way out. Electric is just getting started. Electric already produce the fastest production cars available which, while irrelevant to normal driving in so many ways, means efficiency will outpace ICE. Teslas are made so well that the testing authorities had to change their standards adding 'extra levels' to cater for their industry leading safety standard. Advances in solar will mean most commuting will be powered by parking outside. Maintenance is so simple. Many Tesla owners claim they spend more on tires than energy for the life of one set.

This guy crashed a car so badly that it caught fire but escaped with minor injuries. Try that in a diesel pick up made in Chonburi.

16 hours ago, DualSportBiker said:

Try driving long distances in Thailand or any country on an electric car. 

7 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Try driving long distances in Thailand or any country on an electric car. 

Sure, here the charging network is poor. From Bangkok to Korat (235km), there are only 4 charging points, fairly evenly distributed, the first being around 100 km from Don Muang. So that would be a struggle for any car with under 100 km range (are there any.)

Suggesting the rest of the world is like Thailand is so far off the mark. My mate drove his Tesla from western England to Stockholm four years ago - mostly free electricity. My sister drove her Audi from Manchester to Scotland two months ago - free electricity. Another mate drove his Tesla from Portland, OR to New York for a very reasonable price. Non-Tesla drivers will find it harder for sure, but it is only 13 years since Tesla kick-started the market, so, sorry, you are holding onto old news. The rate of installation of ev charging stations is staggering.

In the US, there are 14 times more ev charging stations per ev than there are gas stations per gas car. Add to that charging at home, private charging at supermarkets and hotels and the ratio swings further to ev's advantage. In the UK, there have been more EV charging stations than petrol stations since around Q3 2019.

I don't know how old you are, but unless you are in your late 80s, electric cars will be more convenient and easier to operate in most countries before you pop your clogs. And, might I add, I hope you live long enough to enjoy the experience and the change of opinion. Happy travels...