Bitkub is too hard to get verified. Whats the next best crypto exchange in Thailand?

bbabythai

15 hours ago, 300sd said:

Bitkub

Was easy to get verified for me and it all works. I'm impressed. Sorry.

I've been waiting a month now for my Bitkub verification and have heard nothing from them except for an email saying "Welcome to Bitkub", then at the bottom, please send your passport photo and selfi (which I'd just sent). My wife waited ages and then after weeks of phoning them, she failed the verification. I've read about these verification problems from lots of people, seems to be a thing with Bitkub. You're one of the few successes IMO.

I've been with Coins.co.th for quite a while now, but am confined to Bitcoin. They don't do alts. You also can't place limit orders, it's purely instant buy/sell.  Good exchange for beginners.

3 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I don't understand why you people just don't open the account on zillion other exchanges available? Why does it have to be Thai?

So that you can easily transfer funds in and out of a Thai bank account without the hassle and legal issues of using localbitcoins or similar. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I've been waiting a month now for my Bitkub verification and have heard nothing from them except for an email saying "Welcome to Bitkub", then at the bottom, please send your passport photo and selfi (which I'd just sent). My wife waited ages and then after weeks of phoning them, she failed the verification. I've read about these verification problems from lots of people, seems to be a thing with Bitkub. You're one of the few successes IMO.

I've been with Coins.co.th for quite a while now, but am confined to Bitcoin. They don't do alts. You also can't place limit orders, it's purely instant buy/sell.  Good exchange for beginners.

You can set up an account on Binance or whatever and transfer USDT or whatever to that for buying whatever alts you want. For limit purchases or trading, I prefer 3commas hooked up to one of my supported accounts.

Just now, malathione said:

So that you can easily transfer funds in and out of a Thai bank account without the hassle and legal issues of using localbitcoins or similar. 

Easily is a relative term when it comes to Thai bank account when they can block any "suspicious" transfer for no reason. Many countries classify these exchanges as gambling sites. 

What I do:

Opened account with Canadian exchange. When I'm ready to withdraw I transfer to Coinbase (non pro edition). Coinbase allows PayPal for withdrawals. I have 2 PayPal accounts, one Canadian and one Thai. When money is deposited it comes from Paypal, not exchange.

You can never be paranoid enough as you can see.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Easily is a relative term when it comes to Thai bank account when they can block any "suspicious" transfer for no reason. Many countries classify these exchanges as gambling sites. 

What I do:

Opened account with Canadian exchange. When I'm ready to withdraw I transfer to Coinbase (non pro edition). Coinbase allows PayPal for withdrawals. I have 2 PayPal accounts, one Canadian and one Thai. When money is deposited it comes from Paypal, not exchange.

You can never be paranoid enough as you can see.

Love it! Thank you for this. I had no idea of Coinbase's link to PayPal. That is fantastic! Thanks again.

are you limited to using a Thai bank account only?

if not you have lots of options, but depends where other accounts are located
there are also visa debit cards you can get to cash out when topping up card
for the UK  gravity@bitstocks is a great option for on/off ramp
Gravity is more a custodian wallet that lets you trade between a few currencies at best rates
but has simple withdraw to UK bank account at flat fee of 2 quid
they also allow you to hold GBP/EUR so you dont need cash out to bank or hold a stablecoin like tether

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

You can place orders with a limit buy or sell. But not a date. I am not interested in serious trading on this site. I was interested on purchasing crypto and holding it. (off the exchange). One year ago it was simple to sign up, and was completed in a couple of days. Perhaps they are a little busier now. I day traded in the old days for awhile in the stock exchanges and this site is fairly impressive to a beginner like me! Perhaps not for trading.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, malathione said:

You can set up an account on Binance or whatever and transfer USDT or whatever to that for buying whatever alts you want. For limit purchases or trading, I prefer 3commas hooked up to one of my supported accounts.

3Commas is great for trading. 

I got verified by Bitkub back in May 2020 and it only took one day super easy.  Before that I was verified at BX.in.th (now closed) and that too was super easy. 

I use Bitkub for the ease of getting fiat in and out, but trading is all done on other exchanges.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pravda said:

I don't understand why you people just don't open the account on zillion other exchanges available? Why does it have to be Thai?

because we live in thailand, have thai bank account and easy to fund in and out. What is your suggestion?

• Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 8:25 PM, matador007 said:

Join the P2P Market if you dare.  Once you do, Exchanges are done.

Feel free to reach out ????

One way/example to get is weekly Meetup's in BKK and Chiang Mai from Meetup.com Crypto stuff.

hi mate, mind if I DM you about this?

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 10:01 AM, mvdf said:

I no longer bother with the local exchanges. They have verification systems that are harder to pass than climbing Mt Everest in winter.

Once in a while I sell one or two of the coins I hoarded since the day I bought them in 2011. First I convert the BTC to USDT on Binance which has generous conversion and withdrawal limits for verified users of their platform. Next a trustworthy local trader comes to me with the cash and takes my USDT against a friendly 1% commission. 

hi mate, mind if I DM you about this?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Can you buy on FTX Asia from Thailand or is it cross-border so impossible with foreign owned Thai bank account?

I assume you meant for FTX have a THB fiat on/off-ramp. good question and one that I can't answer as I'm still in AU. If you don't get a response here maybe reach out to FTX via email to [email protected]

• Thanks 1

Binance and use their P2P function as your on/off ramp from/to fiat.   Yes, you'll need to be verified but Binance verification in relatively 'shallow.'    Basically a selfie and a copy of your ID or passport for tier 1 $50K USD (per day) withdrawal/deposit limits in fiat and 100 BTC withdrawal limit in BTC per day (so don't transfer more than $6 million a day).  ????   

• Like 1

I have Satang pro and Bitazza,, both were verified easily in a few hours last year, Bitkub was a month long headache so I gave up on them.

But I do all my trading on Kucoin, easy sign up and many options for trading, Thai exchanges are good for moving money to your bank accounts but if you day trade the spreads are too wide, that's why you use something like Kucoin or Binance, then when you need money slip it back to Satpro or Bitazza and access your thai bank, pretty effortless all around really

good luck!