looking to buy an electric three or four wheel vehicle

IraqRon

Plenty on lazada and some were Honda brand also . Found them as mother in law was wanting something up north for going to her land daily as she is a bit old for a normal scooter .

In the end her other daughter bought her what appears to be a mini quad bike from a dealer on Facebook. Was the talk of the village when it arrived and you can imagine the queue for a shot off it ????????

The e-trikes are getting popular around here but as 3 wheelers they have a narrow rear wheel base and more than one has tipped over on uneven ground. Similar problem with the earlier "mobility" carts which is why the majority  are now 4 wheelers . Bigger turning circle but less tippy !

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

And would the insurance company, if you have it, pay for any damage to my car if she ran into it, or ran someone over who could not hear it coming please?

What are you confused with kwonitoy?

That is a very good point. I just cannot understand the saddo and confused emoticans.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

As other posters have said, there is plenty of choice. None of these things can be registered (or insured) of course. But that is fine if you keep below 30 km/he and use locally (e.g. the police won't bother you).

How is it fine? For the safety of other people, these things should have to be registered and insured, and as for as children riding them??????

• Like 2

I got one of these for 8k, it has pedals fitted but impossible to actually use, wrong position and you would need herculean mussels too. I believe the pedals are fitted so it is classed as a bicycle. its fine but any 'sharp' incline nah. no brake light, indicators fitted or side stand at the price i paid, but fine for nipping out down to the village.   i have fitted bike mirrors myself.

1488978596_images(48).jpg.0f8d10bbfe1b19157135005a6138a3f3.jpg                                                         

7325872a88818243200f4cca18721e22.jpg_400x400q90.jpg_.webp

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

How is it fine? For the safety of other people, these things should have to be registered and insured, and as for as children riding them??????

Could the same not be said for cyclists who can pump along at impressive speed often with head and eyes down? These electric carts are not capable of any great speed unlike the average small motorcycle which are also often being ridden by children, unlicensed , uninsured, unregistered.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nojohndoe said:

Could the same not be said for cyclists who can pump along at impressive speed often with head and eyes down? These electric carts are not capable of any great speed unlike the average small motorcycle which are also often being ridden by children, unlicensed , uninsured, unregistered.

30 kph is fast enough to do serious damage to anyone on the roads, and not impossible to kill someone.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KannikaP said:

And would the insurance company, if you have it, pay for any damage to my car if she ran into it, or ran someone over who could not hear it coming please?

What are you confused with kwonitoy?

Thats what you have insurance for. 

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

You're quite right, registration and insurance would make these disability conveyances much safer for the able bodied in their cars and and on our 1000cc rocket ship bikes.

And while they are about it, what's with cyclists being unregistered and uninsured. They kill more people and scratch more entitled peoples cars than a granny on an electric scooter. And don't get me started on the scratches a shopping cart can do to a car. Who pays for that?

And those athleticcy people running down our roads, they make a hell of a dent in the bonnet/hood when they get in way and smash in to my car, Who pays for that? And animals wandering out of the forest on to my road, where's their insurance to pay for any damage they cause?

Children and people who can't drive cars should be kept locked up in their houses away from my road in case they damage my car! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

You're quite right, registration and insurance would make these disability conveyances much safer for the able bodied in their cars and and on our 1000cc rocket ship bikes.

And while they are about it, what's with cyclists being unregistered and uninsured. They kill more people and scratch more entitled peoples cars than a granny on an electric scooter. And don't get me started on the scratches a shopping cart can do to a car. Who pays for that?

And those athleticcy people running down our roads, they make a hell of a dent in the bonnet/hood when they get in way and smash in to my car, Who pays for that? And animals wandering out of the forest on to my road, where's their insurance to pay for any damage they cause?

Children and people who can't drive cars should be kept locked up in their houses away from my road in case they damage my car! 

Plus what about those irresponsible pet owners who allow their pets to roam the roads and cause all sorts of damage and not pay for any damage that their pets cause. Dogs chasing children on pushbikes and nipping their legs and causing the child to fall off the bike, dogs chasing cars and motorbikes and causing accidents, who pays for that damage? It seems that there are a lot of selfish inconsiderate people around who want people with a disability to be locked in their homes all the rest of their lives. Well, I hope a lot of these inconsiderate people end up with disabilities and then they might become a bit more educated and be a bit more thoughtful to the disabled people.

8 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Thats what you have insurance for. 

So you are saying that MY insurance should pay for damage caused by some kid on an illegal electric bike? Or, yes as some say, a cyclist or runner.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Plus what about those irresponsible pet owners who allow their pets to roam the roads and cause all sorts of damage and not pay for any damage that their pets cause. Dogs chasing children on pushbikes and nipping their legs and causing the child to fall off the bike, dogs chasing cars and motorbikes and causing accidents, who pays for that damage? It seems that there are a lot of selfish inconsiderate people around who want people with a disability to be locked in their homes all the rest of their lives. Well, I hope a lot of these inconsiderate people end up with disabilities and then they might become a bit more educated and be a bit more thoughtful to the disabled people.

I forgot about the rain.

It's well known that this vicious entity makes many entitled people's cars crash off the road in Thailand. Is it insured? Do you have to sue the weather bureau? 

12 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So you are saying that MY insurance should pay for damage caused by some kid on an illegal electric bike? Or, yes as some say, a cyclist or runner.

Do you read your own words before posting?

Looking at your signature, where's your love and mercy towards pedestrians, children and the disabled?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Do you read your own words before posting?

Looking at your signature, where's your love and mercy towards pedestrians, children and the disabled?

I am advocating love & mercy to the people you mention, by wanting these silly bikes banned from the roads, but allow the use of 'proper' vehicles for the disabled. Let the kids ride bicycles like we did! .

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 6:00 PM, KannikaP said:
On 9/23/2021 at 5:38 PM, Stevemercer said:

As other posters have said, there is plenty of choice. None of these things can be registered (or insured) of course. But that is fine if you keep below 30 km/he and use locally (e.g. the police won't bother you).

So below 30 kph you cannot injure/kill anyone?

...or, just as importantly, kill/injure herself in the case of the OP's child!

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 5:51 PM, Joinaman said:

why would they need insurance 

just be like Thais, no insurance, tax or licence, but no problems

Been hit twice by idiots in the village without insurance. Both times they have paid for repairs

Well, that makes it ok for no one to have vehicle insurance, then, by your logic?  What if you, or one of your passengers, had been killed or injured by those "idiots in the village without insurance"?  

On 9/23/2021 at 6:05 PM, Joinaman said:
On 9/23/2021 at 5:57 PM, KannikaP said:

And if she hits and kills someone? 

Is it OK by you to drive without the necessary insurance & licence?

yup, just like the many thousands of thais do

but perhaps you could tell us where they can get this insurance on a non road legal vehicle 

Perhaps you could tell us what makes it ok for non road legal vehicles to be used on the road particularly when there is a 13-year old child involved?