Whats The Largest Item You Have Ever Posted?

DirkGently

I want to post a bike to my neices as a reward for good grades, but how on earth can it be done.

Do you think the Thai postal service is up to it?

Go to a bus station that serves the destination and they will gladly take it there for a fee.

cheers

onzestan

i would doubt it.it seems thai post ems prices have gone up,800 baht minimum????,not sure its much difference than using a courier now.thai post have a maximum size box which they sell.

maybe visit tnt thailands web site.they are door to door (pick up from your room) & you can get a price by typing in dimensions/weight etc,but tax has to be added,so maybe a phone call is advisable aswell.

i presume you are going to take the wheels off?

i posted a 45 kilo box with tnt,165x35x35 cms.

i presumed you were talking overseas?

Edited by uptou

I want to post a bike to my neices as a reward for good grades, but how on earth can it be done.

Go to a bus station that serves the destination and they will gladly take it there for a fee.

cheers

onzestan

Ehh ! there's a bus service from Miami to Buriram.

Anyway, here's a tip ... Thai's love CASH.

Naka.

Are you wanting to send it somewhere in Thailand???

Ahh! I should have made it clear. I want to send it to my NIECES (LOL BOWTHAI) in deepest darkest Issan. If there is such a place.

As for buses, how is that done? Just ride it down and ask them to pop in on 10:30 to Sticksville!

Thanks for the tip Naka, but i'll ignore it fully if it's all the same to you.

At the end of the day their grades have improved since I started with the carrot and stick, so I'm happy to do this. I just need to know how to make it so!

Ahh! I should have made it clear. I want to send it to my NIECES (LOL BOWTHAI) in deepest darkest Issan. If there is such a place.

As for buses, how is that done? Just ride it down and ask them to pop in on 10:30 to Sticksville!

Thanks for the tip Naka, but i'll ignore it fully if it's all the same to you.

At the end of the day their grades have improved since I started with the carrot and stick, so I'm happy to do this. I just need to know how to make it so!

Ignoring the silly comment above, you can "post" the parcel with a regular bus company, any "tour" bus service or mini-bus.

Go to your nearest large bus terminal / station. Find a service thats going to somewhere near (usually a provincial centre or large amphur station) the place you want to send it to. Negotiate a fee for the parcel & pay upfront. Find out from the driver approximately what time the bus will arrive at said destination. Ring your relatives & have them waiting for the bus to collect package.

Very easy.

Cheers,

Soundman.

That sounds great Soundman. I know they use the busses to a fro from BKK so they should be ok on that.

Now you have told me that it has shed light on all the boxes I have seen sans owners over the years.

P.S I didn't think it was that silly

A gentleman I met in Phuket was very proud of himself for buying a motorcy in upper Issan and getting the post office to deliver it to his place in Phuket. Cost about 1000B he still saved a large chunk on the best price he could get in Phuket.

All things are possible just add money.