Shipping products that contain batteries

Pravda

I shipped a handheld game console to myself in Canada using Thailand Post. It is true that they usually ask me if the product contains batteries, but for this reason this time they did not. Two days later I check the tracking and notice that the item was rejected at Suvarnabhumi and returned to the post office.

Now please correct me, but thought that as long as the product has the battery built in it is ok to ship? Otherwise how do people ship laptops and stuff?

• Haha 1

Effective May 23, 2019, the Postal Service™ is revising the Individual Country Listing for Thailand in Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service, International Mail Manual (IMM®) to note that Thailand is prohibiting all lithium cells and batteries.

This revision is based on a formal request that Thailand Post made through the Universal Postal Union via International Bureau Circular 70, dated April 22, 2019.

Most countries allow shipping items with batteries enclosed. Thailand Post  appears to think otherwise.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, FrankMCG said:

It works randomly. I ordered a laptop several years ago - no worries. But next time they rejected usual electric toothbrush(this Oral B model)

So who knows... 

no problem to receive anything

the problem to send batteries or liquid is the xray at airport

but I am surprised that they really check all parcels ?!