Ist jab: AZ. Best 2nd jab choice: AZ or Pfizer?

Cutty Shark

I've had my first jab of AZ and my second jab (AZ) is scheduled for early November. I'm quite happy with 2 AZ jabs, but will accept Pfizer as second jab if I don't have a choice. From what I have read, AZ's efficacy against the prevalent delta variant is good. Having said that, I'm pretty sure anyone can find a press article/study that agrees with whatever their personal opinion is as to what the best combination is.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

How did you get the choice? Hospital gave you or did you ask?

I would go for AZ+Pfizer without any hesitation as it boosts a better response, lower risks compared to the 2nd AZ shot, and the countries where I am supposed to fly in the next 6 months (EU) accept it.

On 9/26/2021 at 7:55 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

I've had my first jab of AZ and my second jab (AZ) is scheduled for early November.

I also have had first AZ (Bang Sue)

Second jab due Oct 19.

Date and time written on paperwork they handed me for first jab.

Are we meant to register on some app? I read somewhere about Mor Prom app? Can't even find it. Think it's done via "LINE"

Regarding this thread, personally I would stick with the AZ.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 7:51 AM, DrJack54 said:

I also have had first AZ (Bang Sue)

Second jab due Oct 19.

Date and time written on paperwork they handed me for first jab.

Are we meant to register on some app? I read somewhere about Mor Prom app? Can't even find it. Think it's done via "LINE"

Regarding this thread, personally I would stick with the AZ.

I think this is the app.

Screenshot_25640929_075455.jpg

Edited by Mutt Daeng

25 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I think this is the app.

Thanks. 

Downloaded that. 

First thing is to create account. 

Requires on that an ID # which is Thai info.

On my paperwork from day of first jab there is no number apart from HN (whatever that is and it's only 7 digits and starts with a letter....H©©©©©©©

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks. 

Downloaded that. 

First thing is to create account. 

Requires on that an ID # which is Thai info.

On my paperwork from day of first jab there is no number apart from HN (whatever that is and it's only 7 digits and starts with a letter....H©©©©©©©

Same for me. No ID number on my appointment slip. When I get my second jab, I think(I hope) they should be able to supply my 13 digit ID number, to allow me to register with the app and be able to access my vaccination record.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 minute ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Same for me. No ID number on my appointment slip. When I get my second jab, I think(I hope) they should be able to supply my 13 digit ID number, to allow me to register with the app and be able to access my vaccination record.

I'm on your page.

By end of October myself and gf will have had both shots. (both of us AZ).

Generally spend Nov-Jan on Samed.

That means drive to Rayong. Would feel more confident if had some sort of proof of full vaccination status for any checks such as entry to island etc.

Hopefully will become more clear.

This article wasn't behind a paywall last time I checked. It definitely points to the need for a booster, and possibly the modest limitations of US vaccines for sure.  I guess as time goes by we'll get to know which are the best ones for immediate protection, and which are more durable.

Basically, it's about a quite severe outbreak despite high vaccine coverage.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/29/guams-vaccination-success-story-turns-grim-with-covid-surge

On 9/24/2021 at 4:27 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I tried to get my second shot as a Pfizer dose -- without mentioning my prior AZ first dose. I got preregistered and confirmed OK, and on the day of the appointment, the second hospital let me in, took my BP, other stuff.

But on the last step prior to the actual shot, the hospital rep went into an online computer system, I believe the MoPH database keyed to my passport number, and as soon as he saw the reference to the first AZ dose in their database, he said, cannot get Pfizer for the second dose. You have to go back to your original first dose hospital for the 2nd AZ as scheduled.

just an add on i got my second AZ yesterday all went smooth no probs..feeling a bit cr.p today headache ..bit hot apart from that job done