Would air taxis in Bangkok be a good idea?

DaiHard

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They're not helicopters. 

Operates in the same fashion as the VTOL V-22 Osprey on takeoff and landing except all electrical, no carbon footprint. Otherwise operates as a propeller fixed wing aircraft in flight, albeit quietly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

Don't worry, these will be pilotless flying taxis.

That would indeed be a massive upgrade though!

Also would cut down on potential talkative encounters, garlic smells, loud music from the radio and telephone calls including long conversations. I know, all can be dealt with but does it really have to happen in the first place?

Where available, I find Grab to be a rather great upgrade already. Now, if they went into the pilotless flying business - I would support that.

• Like 1

If a Farang is riding a remote (pilotless) VTOL air taxi, and the operator flies it into the side of a building...  then according to Thai tradition the Farang will be at fault because if the Farang did not come to Thailand........

so the dead Farang's family will also be liable for the damage to the building and all passers by...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I think that in the UK there are strict rules on flying below 500 meters (?) over built-up areas?

Also, I believe that the private ownership of helicopters is banned in Thailand, so there's still a long way to go on this!????

I thought I read recently that Bangkok Hospital had acquired a helicopter for use as an air ambulance.

12 hours ago, fabruer said:

That would indeed be a massive upgrade though!

Also would cut down on potential talkative encounters, garlic smells, loud music from the radio and telephone calls including long conversations. I know, all can be dealt with but does it really have to happen in the first place?

Where available, I find Grab to be a rather great upgrade already. Now, if they went into the pilotless flying business - I would support that.

I have encountered what you complain about in your second paragraph in both Australia and the UK, perhaps it is a world wide phenomenon with taxi drivers.