Majority of parents in Pattaya want their children to receive Covid -19 vaccine, says recent Pattaya City poll

webfact

screenshot_15212.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – A majority of parents in Pattaya want their children to receive Covid -19 vaccines before school opens this November, according to a recent poll by Pattaya City officials.

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) expects students 12-18 nationwide to receive a complete set of two doses of Pfizer vaccines prior to the official start of ‘on-site’ learning at schools nationwide by November 15th. It is not, however, going to be mandatory, according to the MOPH. Thailand is also exploring vaccination for younger children, however, it has not yet been approved by the FDA as seen in this article here.

The Pattaya City Deputy Mayor Boonlue Kunlawanit, who is in charge of education for the city, told The Pattaya News, “There are 11 public schools in Pattaya City. We have done a survey recently to see how many parents want their children aged between 12 to 18 years old to receive the vaccine.”

“5,324 parents of students in this age group were surveyed in total. 4,693 parents want their children to receive a Covid-19 vaccine while 631 parents do not want their children to receive the vaccine.”

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/24/majority-of-parents-in-pattaya-want-their-children-to-receive-covid-19-vaccine-says-recent-pattaya-city-poll/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Science has shown along with the numbers that children especially under the age of 12 do not need the vaccine as their immune systems are far stronger than adults. When the actual science shows they do need it i will vaccinate my kid but not because of some agenda driven op-ed

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, skorp13 said:

Science has shown along with the numbers that children especially under the age of 12 do not need the vaccine as their immune systems are far stronger than adults. When the actual science shows they do need it i will vaccinate my kid but not because of some agenda driven op-ed

Children can catch covid as easily as anyone they just don't usually get as sick as adults and those with preconditions. The fact that they are more likely to display few or no symptoms makes them a big risk to older people as they can still pass on the virus whilst appearing healthy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, skorp13 said:

Where in the article did it advocate covid vaccines for children under the age of 12?

3 hours ago, trunav said:

Really ? we have a different idea of what is smart or not, Mr Scientist who knows so well about vaccines and what will happen to the vaccinated champions within few years...

A majority of parents surveyed approve of this. They are in agreement with the scientists.  I guess that makes them smart.

Follow the science. Not social media.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course, we will have our daughter vaccinated, specially now that the government promised Pfizer for all kids 12-18 in the dark red zones. 

We need the schools to reopen and the kids back in the class room. First, the Thai school system is mediocre at it's best, but online schooling is worse than anything I have ever experienced in my life. Most of the times, teachers don't show up, and if they show up, they have no idea what to do with a bunch of Zoomers. And second, kids need social personal interaction with kids, parents can not replace this interaction, no matter how hard we try. And third... parents need some time for themselves after more than a year of lockdown...

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 8:40 AM, edwinchester said:

Children can catch covid as easily as anyone they just don't usually get as sick as adults and those with preconditions. The fact that they are more likely to display few or no symptoms makes them a big risk to older people as they can still pass on the virus whilst appearing healthy.

While they can catch it their levels are far less transmissible. Stop buying into Fauci and the lame stream media

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

Why would they be less transmissible? They are just as transmissible as any other unvaccinated person.

If they do not develop symptoms, I would expect less coughing and sneezing. In that context I expect they would be less transmissible. Perhaps that is made up by other factors though.....large groups, close contact etc.  

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If they do not develop symptoms, I would expect less coughing and sneezing. In that context I expect they would be less transmissible. Perhaps that is made up by other factors though.....large groups, close contact etc.  

Yes, the main factor... they are kids... they run around, laugh, kiss, hug, have fun, work in groups at one desk... and generally forget all precautions when they have fun. 

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Didn't a youngster die recently ? I don't remember where & the Mrs is out at the moment, we were watching news on TV a couple of days ago and she told me a youngster had a jab & died, no I don't have a link, sorry. 

Quite a few died recently who hadn't gotten the jab. Many.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Didn't a youngster die recently ? I don't remember where & the Mrs is out at the moment, we were watching news on TV a couple of days ago and she told me a youngster had a jab & died, no I don't have a link, sorry. 

Unless you can support the claim it appears you are scare mongering. I did just see a News report of a young and very healthy 15yo dying of Covid in the UK.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Unless you can support the claim it appears you are scare mongering. I did just see a News report of a young and very healthy 15yo dying of Covid in the UK.

I'm not scaremongering at all, as stated above we were watching the morning news on television, I was busy on my computer and only had half an interest on what was happening, the Mrs told me, if it's true it matters not one iota of how old or where in the world it happened, any death is a tragedy.