Koh Samui: 100% of people have had one dose - double vaxxed now at 80% as booster doses start today

webfact

1 hour ago, Denim said:

So could be 90%  or could be 110%

Better start looking under rocks for the hold outs.

Could be 110 % of recorded adult population.

Lots of Thais and foreigners came from the mainland to try and get on the back of the Samui plus vaccinations. (Since about May.)

Foreigners were turned away after an immigration check. Thais received the vaccines.

I don't get it that people believe this B.S.

You either state that 100% of the people above 12 (or whatever the cut off age has had a dose) but you dont state population. Because that includes kids and you can never get to a 100% as they don't get shots (not advocating for that).

The 100% is probably because there are less people registrated as living in Samui as people that have had shots. Lots of people are not in house books. Just bringing out this kind of overstatements makes them look bad. A bit more details and some smart questions from journalists would be better.

• Like 2

GF said Univerity looks packed. People have been posting photos of the queues there.

She is going tomorrow for her AZ booster. Already had two Sinovac.

I have told her it might be better to wait just get two Moderna if and when they come in case we want to travel.

Here are the facts from Samui Hospital at the press conference held September 20th...

Over 75 percent fully vaccinated

55,000 with Sinovac, 3rd jab with AstraZeneca begins from 27th September (i.e. today)
33,000 with Astra Zeneca

Vaccinated with 1 dose:

24,000 1st jab AstraZeneca

112,000 people is 100 percent of the estimated grown up population (even they might miss a few individuals)...:thumbsup:

Under 18 years:
12 years to 18 years will be vaccinated with Phizer in October.

Nicha's notes from the press conference...

242666201_394096418915334_31230176789258

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I understand that the population of samui is 67265 in 2017. But once things open up wont there be a lot of workers needed. Don't these people need vaccinations too and get counted ?

@khunPer

Are the 67K inhabitants a true number of what is needed once tourists come ? 

For Covid-vaccinations it was counted (in round numbers) as 60,000 registered residents (house book), plus 30,000 known foreigners and migrant workers, plus 30,000 estimated tourists and un-registered migrant workers; i.e. around 120,000 people, later both 114,000 and 125,000 have been mentioned...????

200784322_330666708591639_73725026417517

So it means everything is over on Koh Samui, right ?

We can go to restaurants, the bars can open, we can have fun, no more masks, no more ban on alcool sales, no more curfew, etc.

No ? ????

Too bad....

So when will it end ?

If 100 % of the population vaccinated are not enough... then what is the next goalpost ?

1 hour ago, Truroboy said:

Okay had our two AZ vaccinations last Sunday both my wife and I at Bangkok Samui Hospital . Well organized and professional we thought.

Question what do we need to do now to get Q code and vaccination certificate?

Take your passport and the documentation from your two jabs and go to Nathon Samui Hospital.

I do not know the exact place to go as I am going for my vaccine passport on Thursday. Probably no point in going sooner.

The third floor is usually the place to go for documentation but you may need to 'check in' somewhere else.

6 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Think it's only 10years. 

He had to go back to Sweden 10years ago when his liver failed. 

Then your friend is not the same as the Brit I know about, who was on 22 years overstay little more than 10 years ago...:whistling:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

Are they restricting entry to vaccinated only? Including domestic? For me it doesn’t matter two brass farthings if it’s true or not, if they can BS the hkg government that it’s for real - they may reduce quarantine back in hkg.

This should still be the entry rules...

1552744870_Aug15rules.jpg.e2598ae61cf49e

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Take your passport and the documentation from your two jabs and go to Nathon Samui Hospital.

I do not know the exact place to go as I am going for my vaccine passport on Thursday. Probably no point in going sooner.

The third floor is usually the place to go for documentation but you may need to 'check in' somewhere else.

There is a guide HERE (scroll a bit down)...

Samui-Vaccine-Passport.jpeg

• Thanks 1