Victims swindled of football investment money report to police

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Five victims of a scam online went to Bang Phli police yesterday reporting losses of 400,000 baht.

It involves the NG nuggets or Ng117 site.

One victim said that as soon as they went on the football website they were invited to "add Line" and then a coach appeared to guide them through the investment process and gain their confidence.

An initial investment of 300 baht got an instant 10% bonus.

So the investor went bigger with 30,000 baht hoping to make 3,000 baht profit just like that.

It didn't work out that way. The people running the site just disappeared as soon as they had plenty of cash, reported Daily News

This happened between Tuesday and Wednesday last week.

Many more victims are believed to have got conned in the Samut Prakan area. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

Thailand is no different from other relatively poor country, many people are desperate for extra money to buy food, pay debts,  clothes for children, as such these poor people are ripe to be scammed.

Choices made out of desperation are often not the best choices one can make.

Gotta feel for the victims. 

you can remove 'relatively poor' from that statement, scams and pyramid schemes are rife in developed and economically strong countries too, just search 'ponzi schemes usa'

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Can't see where in the OP, or the link, it stated that the scammers were Thai.   Where did you read that?

People don't understand sarcasm on this forum?.*..... it must mean you , Lou, you really

need to stop criticizing posts and chill out.         *A forum post .

regards worgeordie

Funny how so many posters here resort to "it was sarcasm" when there obviously wasn't, after they balls-up a clear Thai-bash!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Lou, you really

need to stop criticizing posts and chill out. 

You really need to stop giving instructions to other members about the content of their posts!     It's a forum, if someone posts a completely inaccurate slur on Thai people why should I not comment, and that's what it was, a comment, not a criticism.   That you saw it as a criticism perhaps suggests something about your intention of the original post!

I wonder if you see the hypocrisy of your telling me to stop (non-existent) criticisms in the same breath that you're criticising my comments? 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

On 9/27/2021 at 11:21 AM, marin said:

When will the gullible learn. It seems here in the LOS the easy way is always taken, often to the detriment of those looking to make money without working or even thinking. Next time go find a money tree. Much better chance at success.

It's not limited to the LoS.

Boiler rooms have and continue to rape the ignorant in Europe and Australia for far more than a thousand dollars a hit.

People are stupid everywhere.

Curious with these pyramid schemes, if an individual made profit on this scheme are they liable to return their profit?

That would maybe discourage investment, the schemes seems to have say a 4 month lifespan until and those who leave before it blows up can make significant profit during those months.

2% a day and matches that may or may not even exist they know its high risk but as lots of others are making money on it they want to be part of it and hope they will get out on time. Problem is that any profit they make is stealing from the later investors and they are not considering the consequences of that. Maybe those 5 should be fined for there involvement to deter others. 

12 hours ago, it is what it is said:

you can remove 'relatively poor' from that statement, scams and pyramid schemes are rife in developed and economically strong countries too, just search 'ponzi schemes usa'

Perhaps I didn't make it clear? I used relatively poor to highlight that it's perhaps easier to scam people who are desperate for money.

I trust this helps clarify my post?

Here ends the lesson.