Letter of residence/Pattaya

monsieurhappy

Alright! I can hear the moans about this but it's been a few years since I last needed one and as you all know, things change!!

Don't tell me to use the "search" function either as that just takes you around the houses for evermore!

All I want to know is what paperwork I need to get a "letter of residence" from Immigration at Jomtien?

If it's any help I have a non O extension!

Thanks!!

Last time I did this at Jomtien you filled out a form and submitted it with one(?) passport-sized photo. They used to say come back in the afternoon to collect it. Fee was B200 or B300 (some say it should be free, but no point arguing about that.)

You should have some evidence of your residence, e.g. a copy of your lease, but I've just used a rent receipt.

Yes, an Agent can do it for a fee.

In the past I've had to order two (and pay double): one to open a bank account and one to get a bike licence.

Application form (TM.18). https://immigrationbangkok.com/files/visa_forms/tm18.pdf

Photocopies of your passport and departure card. (Face page, page with current visa/extension stamps.)

2 Passport sized photos.

Copy of your lease agreement, or
Copies of your utility bills (assuming the electricity/water/cable are in your name), or
Photocopy of the front and back of your Thai Driver's license.

Technically the COR is free. If you don't mind waiting a week or 2 for it to be processed. I think they charge you 300 baht now if you want it "rushed" (15-20 minutes depending on how busy they are).

Note that the requirements can change from week to week and from clerk to  clerk so don't be surprised if they want some different paperwork.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Last time I did one at Jomtien, they did not want this one and gave me one of their own. My True internet bill was my proof of residence. The (sometimes difficult) lady also wanted some proof of the reason why I wanted a COR.... in my case, one not listed on their special form... to get  new Blue Book for my car.... yes, wanted a copy of that to confirm it was full.

Sometimes I think they just get a kick out of ordering you about!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sometimes I think they just get a kick out of ordering you about!

You're not wrong there!!...................you mean something like the feeling a traffic warden probably gets on ticket issue.................

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2021 at 1:38 PM, Swiss1960 said:

It took me 5 seconds in Google to find this link to a reliable agency with the requirements for Thai residence certificate

In Thailand there are written rules and then there are the rules people actually follow.

If he went with your link, he would've missed bringing evidence on his need for a CoR. At Pattaya they won't issue one without it. I fell for this one last time I needed a CoR but was lucky to be able to get a copy of my car purchase contract sent via Line otherwise it would've meant another trip.

22 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Note that the requirements can change from week to week and from clerk to  clerk so don't be surprised if they want some different paperwork.

As I said, be prepared. I haven't needed a CoR for awhile now and the last one I did, I didn't have to state why I needed it. They used to have the standard reasons on the form (opening bank account, buying a car - or motorcycle, getting a license) and you just had to check the box.

Then the form changed, but it wasn't the same as the form you could get on the main Immigration website. I wanted to get an electronic version of the one Jomtien was using but couldn't as it was something someone had made up on their computer and then printed a thousand times (but didn't upload it to their website).

Each Immigration office is it's own little fiefdom when it comes to the paperwork and rules. Not a big problem for people who live in the general area but quite a nuisance for those living outside of the city.

(They really should put another Immigration Office in North Pattaya and another Land Transport Office in South Pattaya/Jomtien.)