Paradise Pizza

jed

What's a New York crust like? Similar to the Pan crust the Pizza Company offers?

That would be the closest thing to it that they offer. Not too thick, not too thin, but REALLY tasty.

That is my gripe with Italian crust. I don't mind thin crust, but the Italian crusts that I have had, had a strange texture and no taste at all. They rely completely on the topping.

In a good American pizza, the crust tastes even better than the topping! :o

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said many times, in the U.S.A. Pizza Hut is considered to be be a inferior pizza for kids and people in a real hurry, but it is not bad when you are in a rush. However, for some reason, in Thailand Pizza Hut/Company don't offer the New York style crust which is the norm in the U.S. and they have all these weird crusts with hotdogs and cheese filling. All I want is New York style crust.

If they stuck to the tried and true, Pizza Hut wouldn't be bad for the Middle of Asia.

I never saw a NY-style crust at PH in the USA. And the Pizza Co pan pizza crust here seems pretty similar to PH USA (tho I don't like either, prefer the thin crust).

All I know is that Pizza Hut crust here is not like it was when I lived in America (which is what I am calling NY-style).

I looked at their website in the U.S. and they mention having 3 different crusts including NY-style which I assume is all they had when I was growing up (but they didn't have a name for it then because you didn't have a choice).

Edited by Ulysses G.

And the Pizza Co pan pizza crust here seems pretty similar to PH USA (tho I don't like either, prefer the thin crust).

Before I moved to Thailand 20 years ago, the crust at Pizza Hut used to be thinner than the "pan" crust, but a little thicker than the "thin" crust and not as dry and tasteless.

It wasn't bad really.

Edited by Ulysses G.

And the Pizza Co pan pizza crust here seems pretty similar to PH USA (tho I don't like either, prefer the thin crust).

Before I moved to Thailand 20 years ago, the crust at Pizza Hut used to be thinner than the "pan" crust, but a little thicker than the "thin" crust and not as dry and tasteless.

It wasn't bad really.

I think you're right. More recently I've noticed the crusts at PH USA have got thicker.

BTW, was at UN Irish yesterday for MotoGP. They are remodeling, but Sandy let GT Riders club in as a special favor. Bar was open (Thank God) but kitchen was closed. So, as Paradise Pizza is right across street, thought I would try them out. CLOSED SUNDAY (<deleted>?!?). Ended up with a mediocre burger from The Wall (chips/fries were good, though). One would think a Sunday, a weekend day, with Walking Street nearby, and a lot of foot traffic, would NOT be the day to close..... :o

A Bangkok pizza chain called Spichio has opened on the ground floor of Central Airport. It's pretty good. I think the crust is the old Pizza Hut style; but better than Pizza Hut ever was.

I wonder if that is the same chain that is in Bangkok and reported to be quite good?

A Bangkok pizza chain called Spichio has opened on the ground floor of Central Airport. It's pretty good. I think the crust is the old Pizza Hut style; but better than Pizza Hut ever was.

I wonder if that is the same chain that is in Bangkok and reported to be quite good?

finally something good to indulge in while waiting for the missus to be done with shopping :o

Spicchio's were my staple diet while i lived in the big mango. Superb pizzas, even better than my old Chiangmai favorite on the Ping river. Hope they open up more branches though..

If Austhaied likes, I know that I will! :o

Us "bigger gents" seem to know where it's at in the gastronomie dept...

Had a pizza down at the Guitar Man bar on the bottom end of Loi Kroh - excellent, imnsho much better than anything I have had elsewhere. They also do great burgers - they are stacked up and very tasty. Drop down there check out the bands and grab a feed.

CB

• 1 month later...

Had a Veggie Pizza (crunchy broccoli) delivered from Paradise Pizza to the U.N.Irish Pub 11:55pm Monday night ( I stress only because they had closed the kitchen was I allowed this service by Aussie management @ U.N.I.P ) Do Paradise do deliveries outside the moat area?...if so how far do they travel in km/miles?..and how much does it cost?

Also last week had a fantastic pizza at La Villa...just a shame it wasn't at old address on Ratchadamnon (Walking St.) which was better for parking the old FX4..but a bloody pain to get to on Sunday...or weekend in High Season when the brica brac sale is happening on the street.

Before the enviro's. jump on high horses..my taxi is a pedal-car..and takes 4 grown men a hill 20minutes to get it upto 30mph.

Paradise will deliver but not sure how far outside the city. Might help to make a bigger order. (Use your freezer.)

I thought the stalls had been moved off "Walking Street" for the time being (?)

Is your taxi for hire for Doi Suthep trips, cabbie ?

If Austhaied likes, I know that I will! :o

Us "bigger gents" seem to know where it's at in the gastronomie dept...

Had a pizza down at the Guitar Man bar on the bottom end of Loi Kroh - excellent, imnsho much better than anything I have had elsewhere. They also do great burgers - they are stacked up and very tasty. Drop down there check out the bands and grab a feed.

CB

Finally tried a burger at Guitarman. Excellent, homemade bun, and huge. Comes with a dollop of spicy cole slaw and chips.

I've been hitting Paradise Pizza a lot recently. Call me simple, but I just dig that it's one of the few slices that I can eat the normal ECoast way, one-handed, folded over length-wise. Filling too. BTW George, I finally succumbed to your recommendations and hit Laughing Leprechaun for a Burger (dam*n good) and Fish n' chips for the wife (dam*n good, too). Only quibble, hard to make it out of there without a pint of Guinness. Had two, wife pretty much drank one of them and loved it and said, you Irish have this kind of beer, then why do you drink whiskey or anything else! Long discussion.........

Where is your restaurant Rick, I wanna give your slice a try?

Yes indeed where is it.. and directions please from lets say airport plaza. Also.. FIX YOUR WEBSITE.. its sucks big time and its so cheap to make it nice.. people who LIVE on the net like many of the people here would most likely refer to it when ordering and or directions as well.

Come on man.. We are living in the information age!! hel_l, I would fix it and make it nice and trade you pizzas for my time!!

Edited by swain

Where is your restaurant Rick, I wanna give your slice a try?

Yes indeed where is it.. and directions please from lets say airport plaza. Also.. FIX YOUR WEBSITE.. its sucks big time and its so cheap to make it nice.. people who LIVE on the net like many of the people here would most likely refer to it when ordering and or directions as well.

Come on man.. We are living in the information age!! hel_l, I would fix it and make it nice and trade you pizzas for my time!!

Who is Rick ? And what website are you on about. I must of missed something.. :o

I would guess that Rick owns Paradise Pizza and that Swain doesn't approve of his website. :o

I just Googled the Paradise Pizza web site and feel that it is much worse than mine. I must concur with Swain. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.