Paradise Pizza

jed

Sorry for being off-topic, but Ajarn, how can you like those pizzas? They are crap!! The concept of cheese on a pizza is something that TPC don't seem to understand!!

Simply a matter of your opinion vs my opinion...

One of the many things that make the world an interesting place. As I said in earlier posts I personally don't like Pizza Hut or Pizza Company pizzas but they are obviously doing something right because there are a lot of people, including yourself, who do like them.

CB

Doesn't make their "pizzas" any better. Thick dough generally uncooked and soggy in the middle with dubious cheap topping seems to be the trademark of both places. Most of their customers are locals who can be excused because they've never been exposed to real pizza.

I have eaten pizza in many cities, and for over 20 years here. Not once did I ever get a soggy pizza, or one made with cheap ingredients at the Pizza co. I don't think you know what you're talking about...

Well I guess it's your opinion against mine. :o

Pizza Hut (Pizza Co for about 5 years) must keep a special Ajarn Pizza on standby just incase you're feeling peckish. The rest of us poor mortals have to accept their standard soggy frisbee.

Edited by lamphun

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all so HIGHLY subjective, what makes a good pizza.

Here's an example:

I generally prefer very thin crust pizza, as prepared in Italy, with a very thin layer of tomato paste, bufalo mozzarella, maybe a sprig of fresh basil or two, some fresh tomato. Minimalist pizza.

There is a company in US, originally from Chicago called BJ's Chicago Pizzeria. Now franchised across US, they sell rather dubious frozen product nationwide. Their restaurant pizza is Ultra Deep Dish, prepared in an iron high sided pan. Very thick crust. Typical American Excess-Is-Everything heaping on of ingredients, etc. Though I am a minimalist when it comes to pizza, this Numero Uno is so seductively good I could SCRAPE OFF THE CHEESE AND TOPPINGS and just eat the bread, it is so delicious. I think they must have some Secret Ingredient such as opium, or Starbucks essence, that triggers some subliminal reaction.....

I say it is all good...... :o

Edited by mcgriffith

Sorry for being off-topic, but Ajarn, how can you like those pizzas? They are crap!! The concept of cheese on a pizza is something that TPC don't seem to understand!!

One of the many things that make the world an interesting place. As I said in earlier posts I personally don't like Pizza Hut or Pizza Company pizzas but they are obviously doing something right because there are a lot of people, including yourself, who do like them.

CB

Doesn't make their "pizzas" any better. Thick dough generally uncooked and soggy in the middle with dubious cheap topping seems to be the trademark of both places. Most of their customers are locals who can be excused because they've never been exposed to real pizza.

I have eaten pizza in many cities, and for over 20 years here. Not once did I ever get a soggy pizza, or one made with cheap ingredients at the Pizza co. I don't think you know what you're talking about...

Well I guess it's your opinion against mine. :o

Pizza Hut (Pizza Co for about 5 years) must keep a special Ajarn Pizza on standby just incase you're feeling peckish. The rest of us poor mortals have to accept their standard soggy frisbee.

Lamphun, you foolish mortal! Why don't you stop eating a crappy (to you) pizza? :D

In another life I used to make my own. Always Lebanese (pita?) bread from the supermarket. Heat the gas oven and oil the tray. The sauce was already made, depending on mood; peeled and seeded tomatoes simmered with oregano and maybe a little chillie and what ever takes your fancy. Some grated mozzarella followed by a good salami or garlic metwurst sliced thin. Olives sliced and added to the top and ALWAYS anchovies.

Sure I made my own pizza dough sometimes, but if your ready to eat and you like thin crust, and let's face it thick crust is just another form of stodge that us old fat guys don't need, pita bread is the go.

In another life I used to make my own. Always Lebanese (pita?) bread from the supermarket. Heat the gas oven and oil the tray. The sauce was already made, depending on mood; peeled and seeded tomatoes simmered with oregano and maybe a little chillie and what ever takes your fancy. Some grated mozzarella followed by a good salami or garlic metwurst sliced thin. Olives sliced and added to the top and ALWAYS anchovies.

Sure I made my own pizza dough sometimes, but if your ready to eat and you like thin crust, and let's face it thick crust is just another form of stodge that us old fat guys don't need, pita bread is the go.

I lift my glass of amber beverage in toast to a TRUE PIZZA AFICIONADO...... :o

You guys obviously have too much free time to critisize a slice of pizza! Can't you be any more creative? I have eaten at Paradise Pizza many times and I think the pizza is quite good. The pasta is excellent. I have known this restaurant since it opened near the Tea House. I even remember the day that the pizza oven was moved (wheeled it down the street). I know that the owner has put a lot of his heart into his business. He always treats myself (Thai) and other customers well. I know that he has taken all the good and bad comments in order to improve the quality of the restaurant and the food. I agree with londoncabbie that the restaurant is in a good location, lots of places within walking distance (Salsa Kitchen and Roots Rock Reggae) It's also a very safe environment without any of the hassle from bar girls/fine

So keep up the good work Rick, Oi and the Paradise staff

Tried to go on Sunday, but found them closed.

I was there last night (Sunday) also - closed. Thought I would get a drink at the UN Irish - closed, was going to the Salsa Kitchen but went to the CM Saloon 2 instead. Had a rib eye - rare/blue - excellent piece of meat without any of the associated rabbit food. Steak, french fries done well, a couple of chunks of toast. I haven't been to CMS2 for ages and it was good to see that they have lifted their game. Good luck to them.

Still want to try the paradise pizza though.

CB

One of the best pizzas I've eaten, topping-wise, is only a short plane flight from CM.

A couple of years ago I was in Kunming and saw that two of the local delicacies were a goat's milk cheese and a hard smoked ham. Some genius in an inner city restaurant combined them in a pizza topping that was absolutely fabulous.

Aj, I just got back from an all you can eat buffet at Pizza Hut, in Aberdeen, WOW - those guys know how much cheese to put on a pizza!!!

And they have crusts as well!

Aj, I just got back from an all you can eat buffet at Pizza Hut, in Aberdeen, WOW - those guys know how much cheese to put on a pizza!!!

And they have crusts as well!

Aberdeen Scotland or Aberdeen Hong Kong?

Would hate to end up in the wrong one :o

"Lamphun, you foolish mortal! Why don't you stop eating a crappy (to you) pizza?"

Exactly. I swore off TPC 3x - the 3rd time was the charm. Really the 2nd would have been if I hadn't been sucked into a family gathering at one of them. I know hwy there's ketchup on the tables..... it's the only way to make it edible -yes, IMHO. If it suits you, go eat it, more power to you. For me, since the last time I swore not to eat it even if the family is there, I'll claim allergies and order something else in another place and eat it there with them! Besides more pizza for them.

I certainly won't tell you I've been eating their stuff for years and still complain about it out the other side of my mouth. Going without pizza for the most part is alright. It's all that more special when I visit the US and get to treat myself to the real thing. Same goes for steak, turkey, and a bunch of other stuff I get to look forward to that takes the edge off of being back in a foreign land like the US of A.

And of course, but for very few places, I don't dare eat Thai food there. Pizza, USA: Thai food, THailand. It makes sense...... now don't all you pizza is from Italy people get started. I'd be perfectly fine with an Italian pizza too.

Perjhaps Ajarn likes the plastic pizza places because they deliver. Now if paradise pizza were to run a home delivery service..... :D

Yes sir, to me their delivery is why I've used them, and if paradise delivers, then I'll try them, too. :o

Paradise delivers although I'm not sure how far out.

053 418 409

Find out if they'll come to Chiang Rai. On second thoughts don't bother, they'd probably want some ridiculous delivery fee.

It would probably be cold by the time it arrived. Mate I think you will have to persist with making your own pizza until you come to CM for the TV bbq

CB

Edited by Crow Boy

Paradise pizza is good, but the music is too loud for me so I never go there.
Different strokes, for me the volume is just right, and the owner seems to have pretty good musical taste.
Must say my kids like Pizza Company, but for the lasagna, bread sticks and the salad bar. None of them are particularly keen on the Pizzas. Pizza hut, they won't enter.

Of the two, I think Pizza Co is better than Pizza Hut. I would never dine out at either place (the fast-food atmo is an appetite-killer) but I admit to using Pizza Co delivery once in awhile. I stick with the thin crust and avoid any of the chicken or seafood pizzas. Double pepperoni or freestyle. I also like the lasagna.

Pizza Co in Thailand of course used to be Pizza Hut, but after Pizza Hut USA refused to let Bill Heinecke serve fried chicken along with pizza - a move his marketing research said would work well in the Thai market -- he declined to renew his contract with Pizza Hut and started his own Pizza Co.

Do you really need to use the quote function and put the whole reply to the complaint up n this thread again ? It's easy to reduce it to just a sentence or two. The thread's only 2 pages long now and it's already reposted about 3 times. The quote option is great..

I agree,

Me thinks the quote option sucks and it's largely wrong used on this forum. How many repeated half page quotes I'v seen on this forum, incredible. :o You should add a "q-Quote button" (quote the selection) to add some readability to the threads. It's a real pain in the a** to have to scroll down the quotes.

As I've said many times, in the U.S.A. Pizza Hut is considered to be be a inferior pizza for kids and people in a real hurry, but it is not bad when you are in a rush. However, for some reason, in Thailand Pizza Hut/Company don't offer the New York style crust which is the norm in the U.S. and they have all these weird crusts with hotdogs and cheese filling. All I want is New York style crust.

If they stuck to the tried and true, Pizza Hut wouldn't be bad for the Middle of Asia.

As I've said many times, in the U.S.A. Pizza Hut is considered to be be a inferior pizza for kids and people in a real hurry, but it is not bad when you are in a rush. However, for some reason, in Thailand Pizza Hut/Company don't offer the New York style crust which is the norm in the U.S. and they have all these weird crusts with hotdogs and cheese filling. All I want is New York style crust.

If they stuck to the tried and true, Pizza Hut wouldn't be bad for the Middle of Asia.

Back in Melbourne (Oz) in the 70's Pizza Hut offered their product to the police on duty free of charge. They managed to get rid of a few that way but most of us preferred to pay and get our pizzas at the little Italian joints up the road at 50% of the retail price. There was jerk I recall that used to put on his uniform when he was offduty to get pizzas from Pizza Hut for his family.

However, for some reason, in Thailand Pizza Hut/Company don't offer the New York style crust which is the norm in the U.S. and they have all these weird crusts with hotdogs and cheese filling. All I want is New York style crust.

What's a New York crust like? Similar to the Pan crust the Pizza Company offers? I admit some of the crusts here are very strange. Hot dogs and cheese in the middle of your pizza crust?! Also that crispy, hard cheese topping looks absolutely horrible to me too, not sure where they come up with these ideas! I think only the McDonald's Rice Burger can top these things for rank looking fast food...

Back in Melbourne (Oz) in the 70's Pizza Hut offered their product to the police on duty free of charge. They managed to get rid of a few that way but most of us preferred to pay and get our pizzas at the little Italian joints up the road at 50% of the retail price. There was jerk I recall that used to put on his uniform when he was off duty to get pizzas from Pizza Hut for his family.

I seen this type of thing quite often in Melbourne in my 27 years there. Makes it kind of hard to like the boys in blue.. :o

I seen this type of thing quite often in Melbourne in my 27 years there. Makes it kind of hard to like the boys in blue.. :o

Back in the good old daze McDonalds had a world wide policy to offer the Police, Ambulance and Fire Service members a 50% discount on their products. They did this to encourage a uniformed presence to discourage the nastier elements of the society from frequenting their establishments. (BTW some cops could be included in the nastier elements category).

Not sure if this situation occurs overtly these days with the corruption allegations that are rife.