Reopening of Hua Hin confirmed for Nov 1, quarantine scrapped, other restrictions eased

webfact

hua-hin.jpeg.f84cce4d52d02ab58acddaed43922a3f.jpg

file photo

By Paul Andrews

The reopening of Hua Hin to vaccinated foreign tourists has been confirmed for Nov 1, authorities confirmed on Monday (Sept 27).

It had been planned to allow vaccinated foreign tourists to visit Hua Hin from October 1.

However, these plans were shelved at the eleventh hour due to concerns over the vaccination rates for people living in Hua Hin and Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/reopening-of-hua-hin-confirmed-for-nov-1-quarantine-scrapped-other-restrictions-eased/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-09-28

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

This "quarantine scrapped" is clear as mud. I hope they will say soon explicitly whether they mean no more 14 days in ASQ, replaced by 7 days in SHA+. Or (dare I say it), just free.

I am afraid that, given that the state of emergency is extended with CCSA in tow, we will still have to obtain a COE and so probably it will be a 7 days Phuket-style. Which will deter many genuine tourists, but at least to me is bearable compared to ASQ.

And cross my fingers that the prominent doctors will not post doomsday predictions (while retaining their fixed income of course).

• Like 1