Air Conditioning Experts in Pattaya

wprime

I purchased 5 LG air conditioning units from Numchai and since new, one of them just blows out hot air. Numchai has only been able to fix it temporarily (they can fix it so it blows cold air but after a few days the problem will return), they're not interested in providing a permanent fix and are now threatening to charge me a fee if I want it fixed again.

Is there another company in Pattaya that can fix this? Preferably a large company, not a Somchai.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bbko said:

Don't new items like A/C's come with a warranty?

Yeah they checked it out twice under warranty and each time they got it working again but it fails after a few days. I'm looking for a permanent fix and have given up trying to get Numchai to do it under warranty.

4 hours ago, Broken Record said:

3AC1E70F-59C9-4B55-AB11-F44009140934.jpegThese people were recommended to me, very good, English speaking, fast and professional. 

Thanks, will contact them. The name seems very familiar.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, thvima said:

This is the result when trying to save. Was the price difference so different with Daikin and Mitsubishi ?

I would never buy any other brand, they are just $hit, people like it or not its a fact.

Isn't LG supposed to be a good brand?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, wprime said:

For the past 5 years the LG in my bedroom has been working fine, no problems.

OP have you tried contacting the LG Service Center in Pattaya? They're located on Sukhumvit, southbound lane where Hwy 7 meets Suk.  Google: LG Service Center : ศูนย์บริการแอลจี สาขาพัทยา

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, wprime said:

Daikin and Mitsubishi are cited as best frequently, I also have some Saijo Denki units that are very good and have lasted a long time.... but are harder to find and get support for. LG, I always thought of as a cheap Samsung, but that may apply only to TVs. I am very disappointed to hear of Numchai backing down from their responsibilities here.... I expect better from them. Possibly installation is handled separately and poorly. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 9:03 AM, wprime said:

Preferably a large company, not a Somchai

Just want to say that I've often had better luck with a "Somchai" (washing machine, air con, refrigerator) than with manufacturer service centers or those from retailers who only want to sell you new parts.  

When my Toshiba washing machine broke down, Toshiba service quoted me B3000 for parts and installation.  Local "Somchai" fixed it in 2 hours, B300 including a few small parts.  Lasted 5 more years and still going.

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2021 at 6:10 AM, jacko45k said:

Daikin and Mitsubishi are cited as best frequently, I also have some Saijo Denki units that are very good and have lasted a long time.... but are harder to find and get support for. LG, I always thought of as a cheap Samsung, but that may apply only to TVs. I am very disappointed to hear of Numchai backing down from their responsibilities here.... I expect better from them. Possibly installation is handled separately and poorly. 

Turns out the Numchai service lady didn't understand the situation (no idea what kind of situation she thought it was that I should have had to pay for a repair of a brand new unit). Got in touch with the original salesman who organised another fix. This time they found a leak. It wasn't on the A/C unit but on something outside so it was a problem with the installation rather than the A/C unit itself.

On 9/29/2021 at 8:28 AM, chakatee said:

leaking coolant gas?

rub some dish washing soap at the connections with the gas tube (outside compressor) and see if you see bubbles coming up (of course if the gas is empty it won't bubble anymore now but then after refilling it with gas)

I believe this was the problem (as I understood it). It's a bit strange though. In previous fixes if they just filled up the gas, surely they'd realise that if it was empty it must have had a leak and check for a leak then instead of just waiting for the problem to happen again...

Hopefully that was the only leak.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 5:41 PM, wprime said:

surely they'd realise that if it was empty it must have had a leak and check for a leak then instead of just waiting for the problem to happen again...

They leave the leak for couple of reasons  (that I can think of)

1: The customer will call them again soon to fix the problem.

2: It can be difficult to find  and then fix the leak  without taking the whole unit to pieces and most likely back to their workshop leaving the customer with no aircon for maybe days and a lot of work for the "engineers"  which many customers don't want to pay for.

• Like 1