CCSA approves extension of Special Tourist Visa scheme until next October

Jonathan Fairfield

52 minutes ago, alyx said:

It is about to become cheaper than any other visa program 

How do you figure? The STV has similiar requirements as an O-A visa, namely 400k/40k health insurance, medical check, police check and A$25,000 in bank for last 6 months

The O-A fee is also cheaper than STV as it's A$300 for 12 months while STV is about A$280 for 9 months (A$120 fee + 2 extensions @ 1900 baht each)

O-A can the get extended for another 12 months, while STV is 9 months max.

• Like 1

I was hoping to see this news since the STV is actually a great solution for anyone wanting to spend the whole winter in TH. Just worried about the ridiculous requirements they had up to now. I hope they will reduce those at the same time. I mean the cash load that you have to show in your home country (many of us don't keep money there) and the 75 day hotel booking is a problem.

Any info yet on the requirements?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Haha 2 said:

If a foreigner,

now stay in Thailand by STV visa , and has extended twice for 270 days ,

can he stay in Thailand longer ?

Any third and fourth extensions for 1 more year ? Thanks bro

From memory I do not believe that is possible.... the fall back...ask an agent!

It would be interesting to know exactly how the Thai government knows what each visitor is spending. I often think they have a game of darts to determine the numbers! I think they still have a few dart boards lying around after they were confiscated, as being illegal in bars! 555.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

Can STV convert to Thai language visa after 6 months without leaving Thailand? Thanks 

At the moment no.

There are very strict requirements around STV visa.

You must leave the country after 9 months, but it may be possible to reenter Thailand on another STV visa.

8 hours ago, Haha 2 said:

If a foreigner,

now stay in Thailand by STV visa , and has extended twice for 270 days ,

can he stay in Thailand longer ?

Any third and fourth extensions for 1 more year ? Thanks bro

You must leave the country after 9 months, but it may be possible to reenter Thailand on another STV visa.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

At the moment no.

There are very strict requirements around STV visa.

Others said it's possible to get Covid (60 days) extension on top of 3rd (final) STV extension, meaning that one can continue with Covid extensions once their STV 270 days is up, yes?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sallecc said:

Others said it's possible to get Covid (60 days) extension on top of 3rd (final) STV extension, meaning that one can continue with Covid extensions once their STV 270 days is up, yes?

My recollection was after the 2 extensions of 90 days, NO further extensions were possible for the STV.  Nor could the Permit of Stay be converted to a different category. I have not been reading up as much as I used to on this, but I would come up with the dreaded phrase 'ask an agent!' They have been achieving new and wonderful things lately.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

My recollection was after the 2 extensions of 90 days, NO further extensions were possible for the STV.  Nor could the Permit of Stay be converted to a different category. I have not been reading up as much as I used to on this, but I would come up with the dreaded phrase 'ask an agent!' They have been achieving new and wonderful things lately.

Wow that's a bummer for my gf's STV then... In another thread they were sure that STV could be topped with Covid extensions... We will go to immigration next week to ask directly... Her 2nd (last) STV extension expires Nov., she hoped to get 1 Covid extension to stay over Christmas and New Year, if not then she will just leave.

14 hours ago, sallecc said:

Wow that's a bummer for my gf's STV then... In another thread they were sure that STV could be topped with Covid extensions..

Please check for yourself, as I said I have not kept on top of this subject as it seems to change week to week and has got complicated. A question in this forum might help as Ubonjoe there is very knowledgeable. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2021 at 2:38 AM, sallecc said:

Hi guys I just want to let you know that my gf successfully applied for Covid extension on top of her STV visa, so this mystery has been resolved now ???? Standard Covid extension procedure, same as for any other visa.

Sounds good. I guess same for normal 60+30 day TR visa then. Do you know what papers were asked? 

11 hours ago, ChomDo said:

Sounds good. I guess same for normal 60+30 day TR visa then. Do you know what papers were asked? 

Hi, please keep in mind that was almost 2 months ago... Standard Covid extension procedure (in Phuket I/O), only TM7, Affidavit and TM30, nothing else... No idea what they need now, I heard of reports asking for return flight ticket, and refusing Covid extension for Volunteer visa, etc... I'll know more when I visit Phuket I/O in couple of weeks time ????