Favorite Quotes Of The Day

connda

Abraham Lincoln, which seems particularly relevant to the situation here at the moment..............

You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

• Like 1

Mr ballpoint  beat me to "Dont tell him Pike"

so my other lifetime motto... Occasionally i fail miserably

"As a general rule, its better to be thought an idiot,than to say stupid things and remove all doubt".

• Like 1

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are.”
― H.L. Mencken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Freedom is not a reward or a decoration that you toast in champagne. On the contrary, it's hard graft and a long-distance run, all alone, very exhausting. Alone in a dreary room, alone in the dock before the judges, and alone to make up your mind, before yourself and before the judgement of others. At the end of every freedom there is a sentence, which is why freedom is too heavy to bear.

Albert Camus

4 minutes ago, Percy P said:

A dog is a man's best freind, he'll listen to you but won't argue .

I'm a single person  but not all alone, l have two dogs who share my home.

But not a fat lot of good when it comes to understanding and assisting In dealings with Thai officials ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poohy said:

Mr ballpoint  beat me to "Dont tell him Pike"

so my other lifetime motto... Occasionally i fail miserably

"As a general rule, its better to be thought an idiot,than to say stupid things and remove all doubt".

I like  " I never make mistakes , I thought I did once but I was wrong " .

• Haha 2