Thai guides' chief calls for investigation into the tourist police in Krabi

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The head of the Thai Guide Association Thaiphakorn Janthaem presented a letter to RTP chief Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk at RTP HQ in Bangkok yesterday. 

The letter contained a request for an investigation into the working practices of the Krabi Tourist Police.

Daily News reported trouble in the southern Thai province after confusion about what guides could operate in the Laem Lak area.

Locals had demanded 900 baht a head for 41 tourists led into the area by a man called Phoom-ek.

But after this was not paid they removed their guides leaving Phoom-ek to fend for himself.

He was subsequently arrested for illegal activity and the police fined him 1,000 baht for each tourist. 

Thiphakorn believes that there are elements in the Krabi tourism police who are not following the regulations and the law to the last letter.

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1

We should thank this guy for doing this. I was arrested after tourist police got a 30.000 baht reward. I discovered that the guides in the company did something fishy so they paid the police to get rid of me. But...... it did not work out for them, I'm still here after almost 30 years. The police officer who mishandled the whole Ms An Duncan case, 3 of the 4 wrongly arrested people died in jail ore when released.  He got promoted to become the head of the tourist police. Most of these guys even don't speak any foreign language.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 11:20 AM, webfact said:

Thiphakorn believes that there are elements in the Krabi tourism police who are not following the regulations and the law to the last letter.

this is not a problem with ONLY Krabi tourism police, it has been injected into government's DNA

• Like 2