South Wales Man's Thai Kidnap Ordeal

correct

Who cares if this story is made up? It DOES happen.

And the lack of compassion shown by posters on this thread is IMHO disgusting. No way I'd want to associate with any of you. If you think by bagging someone in the OP's position you are better off then you are FAR wrong. :o

Read again....the OP is not the person in question

Also this guy lived in the Jungle for X amount of months and yet when stung....staggered to a nearby village....

not a lack of compassion....a sense of reality is more like it

:D

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been bitten bu a scorpion twice , it does hurts a little ,nothing more . I am not sure , but maybe the guy had an allergie

then it will be nasty . Its a sad story though , but the only thing I couls say it is not likely this could happen to everybody .

He probably was dreaming all these months before the happening . Things and people around do tell a lot . Just stay far from

those people who you feel something wrong with , Thailand is still a great place . :o

The 'facts' so far are pretty thin and there is surely a lot more to this story. From what we have been presented with it sounds very unlikely that the scorpion was the cause of death. Perhaps at some point they will be filled in and we will know what indeed happened to this guy. I happened to catch channel 3 this afternoon and the hosts of a show were discussing this story, holding up a story that looked like it had been printed from the Web.

the way a lot of people are talking. ..you would think that what happened to the guy was unusual. basically, he got scammed by someone he married.

..everyone knows that most marriages end in divorce. the figures are printed everywhere. what? ..50/50. in california, they say it is 2 out of every 3 marriages end in divorce.

you think the guy was stupid?

I think people who get married are stupid.

you know the odds of a successful marriage, and yet you get married?

talk about idiots. if you are married, look in the mirror.

www.nomarriage.com

I am (happily) married to a thai ,i believe the women you are talking about are thai whores,. there is a difference,. dont show your ignorance by assuming all thai women are the same, its a minority ,.most thai ladies are just that, ladies,but if these guys want to get hooked up with these bar sorts then yes they are asking for trouble, i asked the lady in the embassy what the divorce rate was for these type of marraiges and she quoted unofficially 90 per cent,.!, but if you tell your best friend he will say "no this ones different ", they are the idiots, id have to agree, but again i say women are women the world over, would these guys take a similar sort of woman in the uk ? bizzare !

A real sad story, and a warning to people that they should be careful in who they get involved with.

For a supposed switched on guy, he was obviously very easily influenced by BG's as this was his second realtionship where he got scammed.

I imagine that there is a lot more to this story than we have already heard and until there is a full Post Mortem we won't get the full casue of death.

Hopefullly, from the sad ending to this story some good will come if it makes people a little more cautious when getting involved with certain types of girls.

And the lack of compassion shown by posters on this thread is IMHO disgusting. No way I'd want to associate with any of you. If you think by bagging someone in the OP's position you are better off then you are FAR wrong. :o

I has a Thai cann't believe the Dumb Farangs here They all think this is bull. This happens a lot belive me.

Kill the old Farnag why is TV afraid of telling this to the readers.

Also I love farangs my wife is different. Ha Ha Ha

I has a Thai cann't believe the Dumb Farangs here They all think this is bull. This happens a lot belive me.

Kill the old Farnag why is TV afraid of telling this to the readers.

Also I love farangs my wife is different. Ha Ha Ha

Your wife is a very lucky woman. :D

Whats wrong with the welsh, all you racist b......ds, why you in thailand.

See most of you have shut the f...... up now you know the poor guy has died...........

just to mention nothing wrong with sheep, we shag em you EAT EM....... :o good job i have a sence of humour been Welsh.

Edited by Thaicoon

I was a kid on the beach playing with my toy lorry where and when they made that film...

Newport . Pembroke. Wales.

I love Cary Grant or Gregory Peck, always mix them up :o

Greg Peck, he managed to get a cameo role as the old preacher in the remake.

On a sober note about that poor Welsh bugger (RIP).

I wonder how some of the jokers here would feel if he'd been a relative or friend.

I've seen a number of good friends die over there and here too; it hurts.

It's easy to be detached though when it's just a story in a daily rag, innit?

See most of you have shut the f...... up now you know the poor guy has died...........

just to mention nothing wrong with sheep, we shag em you EAT EM....... :o good job i have a sence of humour been Welsh.

Great Welshmen - Barry John; JPR; errr, errr

And if we were racists, what would we be doing in Thailand?

And the lamb and mutton I eat comes from Oz and the Land of the Long White Cloud, so it's untouched by human hand.

But really, the guy himself may have been a pillock, but what about the so-called intelligentsia who published this in (dis)reputable newspapers? They were either pee'ing themselves or will be out on the next boat with wads of green stuff clutched in their hot and stickies. Even bigger pillocks.

Just did a search on Black scorpions in Thailand...

Heterometrus spinifer is a large, black scorpion native to Thailand and Malaysia.

It is often kept as a pet, although it cannot be handled without risk since it tends to be aggressive. Its sting is painful but not deadly to humans.

Basic rule of thumb (no pun intended) but not always true

"Big scorpion - low venom level" "Small scorpion - high venom level"

We had many scorpions in Iran - several stings - blisters and discomfort.

Also this guy lived in the Jungle for X amount of months and yet when stung....staggered to a nearby village....

Sounds to me like you are questioning the Op.....

Not at all....I am questioning the validity of the story the OP has reported....

This story has more holes in it than a pair of fishnet stockings...

Great Welshmen - Barry John; JPR; errr, errr

And if we were racists, what would we be doing in Thailand?

And the lamb and mutton I eat comes from Oz and the Land of the Long White Cloud, so it's untouched by human hand.

But really, the guy himself may have been a pillock, but what about the so-called intelligentsia who published this in (dis)reputable newspapers? They were either pee'ing themselves or will be out on the next boat with wads of green stuff clutched in their hot and stickies. Even bigger pillocks.

Another great Rugby player, Gareth Edwards, who is 60 today,

Another great Rugby player, Gareth Edwards, who is 60 today,

I was going to add his name to the list, along with Mark Hughes from the other sport. But it didn't read so well.

Congratulations to Gareth Edwards, then. Wish I could be sixty again. I was still playing in those days .....

Edited by Humphrey Bear

Just did a search on Black scorpions in Thailand...

Heterometrus spinifer is a large, black scorpion native to Thailand and Malaysia.

It is often kept as a pet, although it cannot be handled without risk since it tends to be aggressive. Its sting is painful but not deadly to humans.

Basic rule of thumb (no pun intended) but not always true

"Big scorpion - low venom level" "Small scorpion - high venom level"

We had many scorpions in Iran - several stings - blisters and discomfort.

Well, according to another thread on TV, this gentelman has succumbed to the scorpion bite.

Edited by chicagogato

There are many recorded cases of people dying from a simple insect bite.

It depends on individual sensitivity or resistance.

I was once attacked by a parasitic wasp there which laid a colony of infants in my foot.

The itching was agonising but a course of tablets soon put paid to it.

Compare that to a friend bitten by a tiny sand fly; he had to have most of the calf muscle cut out to halt the infection.

Edited by qwertz

Just googled South Wales Echo and the story is there....

Also found on google:

Thai Skorpion News - Fri 31-May-2007

Brutal Slaying Of Beloved Father in Pattaya Jungle

A beloved father of 78, grand father to 874, was brutally murdered last week in Pattaya. The hideously mutilated corpse of Bumpy, so called because of any unusual bump on his back, was found last week by a shocked millipede. Police were called to the scene which was described as one of the gruesome they have seen for some time.

Forensic scientists discovered a pair of huge soiled humans shorts at the scene, which is believed to have been left as bait to entrap the hapless Bumpy who was foraging for food. It is thought that once inside the shorts the muderer pounced on his victim. An autopsy confirmed that Bumpy did not give up without a fight as his poison sack was half empty, although some of this may have been discharged when he was crushed to death. The force of the attack left few remains of Bumpy's exoskeleton in tact.

A large white skeletal human figure was seen fleeing from the scene early on Sunday morning. Police are appealing for witnesses. The prime suspect in the murder investiagtion, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is believed to have fled the country.

The remains of Bumpy were released to his relatives on Wednesday, for a traditional Skorpion ceremony in which his remains were devoured by his family. One of his daughters said "Bumpy was such a fun loving figure and loved by everyone he met. It was such a brutal and senseless killing, we are all still very shocked. Oh yes, and he tasted like chicken."

Too funny! just too funny!!!! :o:D:D