South Wales Man's Thai Kidnap Ordeal

correct

Oh, I don't know......lurve of that purple veined wallet in yer troosers is true enough laddy. Gurlz just love to squeeze mine. :D

say it isn't so!!!! :D

Nah, tell a lie - it's the purple-veined wad in the wallet they're really interested in. Can't keep their wee mitts off it. And if's a wad of "bai pan", then they postively wet 'emselves. Hands disappearing into me troosers shakin me wad nightly. :o

But back to the plot before I lose it completely ........ now this Gareth, he's there in this hut in the jungle outside Pattaya, eating his mangoes and drinking his dirty brown rainwater, seemingly quite happy until Mr Scorpion stings his finger, and then, only then decides to check out what's down the lane beyond the mango tree and finds there's a village with phones and everything. Not the brightest taff on the block, this 'un. :D

And how the hel_l did he get a swelling on his toe as well, when the scorpion stung him on the finger? As somebody said, his previous job as a double glazing salesman should have prepared him for telling more porkies than a Bowyer's factory sells. :D

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's be honest here, when you're a fat, wrinkled, ugly, old geeza in Pattaya and you have a beautiful young thing on your arm who is young enough to be your kid, chances she's in it for true love are slim, imho. :o

You think the fat. wrinkled ugly old geezer would give a flying fawk ? :D

let's be honest here, when you're a fat, wrinkled, ugly, old geeza in Pattaya and you have a beautiful young thing on your arm who is young enough to be your kid, chances she's in it for true love are slim, imho. :o

You think the fat. wrinkled ugly old geezer would give a flying fawk ? :D

good question. but you have to admit, after being screwed over properly, they tend to say "but she say she lub me long time!!!" it's only a matter of time until they give a flying fawk. :D

and to get back to the OP, our poor welsh bugger wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed was he - if the story's true. :D

too many inconsistencies to be true.....but if this sort of story prevents other w***ers from going to Thailand then its all good.

I cant believe that 6 pages have been attributed to this and worse......I cant believe I have read it all and replied also.... :D:o

Ah ha, you're not the only one gburns. This tale has been like watching a train wreck and of course you know how hard it is to stop rubber-necking one of those! :D

and to get back to the OP, our poor welsh bugger wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed was he - if the story's true. :o

Just another in a long line of Farangs that have come to Thailand and lost the plot.

A guy I met in Pattatya once came to Thailand from UK, ripped his return ticket up and said he was never going back, 6 months later he was on the bones of his azz, stealing food from 7 eleven in Soi Buakow Pattaya to survive, he was lucky that one of his family members still took pity on him and arranged a ticket home for him.

Another guy that lived near me ended up completely broke, even sold his electric fan to buy another bottle of Mekong Whisky, he ended up in Jail for 4 years after attempting to take some illegal things to Europe for some other Farang.

A few others I have known over the years have died, mainly drank themselves to death, some ended up teaching English in Bkk when they had no other options other than going back to UK, some actually made the right choice and went back and got jobs that paid a good wage and got their lives back together, some even come back to Thailand for holidays, but they don't wanna try and survive in Thailand full time again.

Pattaya can be a tough place to be, especially for a Farang with no money!

Well, clearly this is a cover story. Most likely the real story is TRUELY embarrassing.

Sometimes the truth leaks out a little bit in the cover story. Notice the unusual preponderance of lady boys in the cover story. Hmmm. Maybe some of the truth is in there somewhere.

:o

kenk3z

Middle aged, sex straved and lonely Westerner allowing his "little head" to think for his "big head".

Maybe he could have endured if only he hadn't blown all of his brains out of the "little head".

Quote plachon:

And how the hel_l did he get a swelling on his toe as well, when the scorpion stung him on the finger? As somebody said, his previous job as a double glazing salesman should have prepared him for telling more porkies than a Bowyer's factory sells.

Maybe he stubbed his toe on a sleeping Thai.

My uncle survived 3.5 years on the Burma railway and the Kwai river crossing, 4 weeks in a shed without beatings would have been a luxury for him, sadly last year he took his scars and memories to his grave,

and to get back to the OP, our poor welsh bugger wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed was he - if the story's true. :o

Just another in a long line of Farangs that have come to Thailand and lost the plot.

A guy I met in Pattatya once came to Thailand from UK, ripped his return ticket up and said he was never going back, 6 months later he was on the bones of his azz, stealing food from 7 eleven in Soi Buakow Pattaya to survive, he was lucky that one of his family members still took pity on him and arranged a ticket home for him.

Another guy that lived near me ended up completely broke, even sold his electric fan to buy another bottle of Mekong Whisky, he ended up in Jail for 4 years after attempting to take some illegal things to Europe for some other Farang.

A few others I have known over the years have died, mainly drank themselves to death, some ended up teaching English in Bkk when they had no other options other than going back to UK, some actually made the right choice and went back and got jobs that paid a good wage and got their lives back together, some even come back to Thailand for holidays, but they don't wanna try and survive in Thailand full time again.

Pattaya can be a tough place to be, especially for a Farang with no money!

I think we may bumped into the same people over the years :D

It's hard enough to find job security in comfy Europe nowadays.

Some people, lucky, industrious or whatever, find a niche, a good woman, a life and adapt very well to LOS.

They're in a minority and don't need to post warnings here because they found in LOS all that they needed in life.

As for the others, I could write a book on broken dreams.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm - even in death, the story doesn't add up 100%.

The sister says:

“I brought him home from Thailand to get him better and now he’s dead lying in a morgue in Llandough Hospital.

“I’m so angry with the hospital.”

Pamela believes Gareth was too ill to be let out of hospital.

After he was released, she said he was allocated a room in Newport, where he lived with drug addicts.

And later she talks of her love for him. Yet, she allowed a man too sick to be released from hospital (her opinion) to live in a room "with drug addicts". Yeah, that's familial love for you. :o

A sad end to the story, but I'm sure the truth of this story is far more interesting than the fiction. RIP.

Smart bloke. Goes on holiday, marries a whore, tries to run a shop in the country and get's kidnapped by his realtives, dumped in the jungle and bitten by a scorpion.

Answers to the name of lucky.

It's as if someone took every Thai Visa thread they'd ever read and rolled it into one story.

TV QUOTE OF THE CENTURY! :o

Smart bloke. Goes on holiday, marries a whore, tries to run a shop in the country and get's kidnapped by his realtives, dumped in the jungle and bitten by a scorpion.

Answers to the name of lucky.

It's as if someone took every Thai Visa thread they'd ever read and rolled it into one story.

TV QUOTE OF THE CENTURY! :o

Brilliant ;-)

And every book and bar room tale too!

My uncle survived 3.5 years on the Burma railway and the Kwai river crossing, 4 weeks in a shed without beatings would have been a luxury for him, sadly last year he took his scars and memories to his grave,

OFFTOPIC:

God bless him Lickey....... My great uncle went through the same, caught in Singapore, had only been there for 2 weeks. Spent the rest of his time in Kanachanburi less 6 weeks in Japan in coal mines. Witnesses at least one of the atomic bomb blasts from a distance. He only ever opened up to me, felt nobody else in the family would understand what the tropical jungle was, he had great great praise for Thai people. RIP for both old diggers.

Edited by jayjayjayjay

As already mentioned by AjarnRuss, Gareth Pike has now died.

From The Sun

July 11, 2007

Brit dad killed by a scorpion

A BRITISH man has died after being stung on the THUMB by a scorpion.

Dad-of-three Gareth Pike, 56, was attacked by the creature at his home in a jungle village in the south of Thailand.

Continued here...

More links to British news reports:

The Daily Record

South Wales Echo

Daily Mail

--

Maestro

Edited by Maestro
added links to more news stories

the way a lot of people are talking. ..you would think that what happened to the guy was unusual. basically, he got scammed by someone he married.

..everyone knows that most marriages end in divorce. the figures are printed everywhere. what? ..50/50. in california, they say it is 2 out of every 3 marriages end in divorce.

you think the guy was stupid?

I think people who get married are stupid.

you know the odds of a successful marriage, and yet you get married?

talk about idiots. if you are married, look in the mirror.

www.nomarriage.com

Jeese, I have just caught the back of this thread and 8 pages in I am still laughing.. although somewhat guiltily now I have head the poor delusional bloke has popped his clogs..

I'm gonna leave the last words to his sister....

"He was so full of life....he didn’t want to die."

No sh*t sherlock...

Edited by FormasianPaul

Just did a search on Black scorpions in Thailand...

Heterometrus spinifer is a large, black scorpion native to Thailand and Malaysia. It is known in the pet trade as the Giant Forest Scorpion or the Asian Forest Scorpion (in addition to other regional names) and is often confused with other species of Heterometrus. As its common names imply, it can be found in moist forest habitat where it hides away by day under logs or rocks. It is often kept as a pet, although it cannot be handled without risk since it tends to be aggressive. Its sting is painful but not deadly to humans.

Who cares if this story is made up? It DOES happen.

And the lack of compassion shown by posters on this thread is IMHO disgusting. No way I'd want to associate with any of you. If you think by bagging someone in the OP's position you are better off then you are FAR wrong. :o