South Wales Man's Thai Kidnap Ordeal

correct

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so smug .It could happen to any one of you here .The circumstances would just be a little different .I for one don't want to laugh at his plight ,if true .

It's a hard crowd Thaifan2, that's very true but Mr. Pike's story does seem to be full of inconsistencies. IMHO I think Maigo6 has a pretty good take on probably what in fact happened. :o

In my opinion, the story is more like this............................

Farang comes to Pattaya for a holiday with a pocketful of money as he has a good income back home.

He is treated to the rock star lifestlye that money can bring in Pattaya. He meets a young women in a bar who treats him like a King.

He goes back to UK, can't handle the fact that there he is just another insignifigant middle aged guy, decides to sell everything up and move to Pattaya thinking he can live the playboy lifestyle forever.

His UK family or friends, see the error in his way of thinking and try to persuade him not to sell everything and leave, but he is adamant and tells them that " Thailand is paradise ", they argue over it, he tells them that they can live the same old crappy lifestyle in UK if they want to, but he is going, and if they don't like it, go <deleted>.

He thought he would never ever go back to the UK so took a few bank loans and cheated the credit card companies as well, after all, the great guys he had met in the bars who live in Pattaya had told him it's easy.

So off he goes, sold everything, left his job, fell out with Family, owes Banks and Credit Card companies money................................. it's called burning ones bridges.

Arrives in Thailand, lives like a Millionaire for a while doing anything he wants, soon the money is going fast, decides he had better buy a bar to continue his lifestyle, he can even drink at cost price, he buys a bar from a friendly Farang who tells him the Bar is doing really well, the bar fails and he loses a lot more money, the Farang he bought it from left Thailand to go back to his own country and get a job.

Meets another Thai girl in a Bar, decides he had better treat her good as he don't wanna screw up this time.....Offers to buy a small store and add it to the house he has offered to build, of course it's all in her name.

He loses again, hits the bottle really hard, hardly eats, sits in some crappy fan room in Soi Buakow, Pattaya, drinking Mekong Whisky and water till his sweat soaked body falls asleep in a drunken stupor, then he can't afford to pay the rent, all the really great guys he had met that were his drinking buddies in the Bars of Pattaya don't wanna know him no more cos he is broke, he is slowly dying.

He feels suicidal, he has lost everything, why did he ever leave the UK, why did he ever fall out with his Family and choose Thailand instead ?

Some old drunken Farang who lives in the small Fan room next to him tells him what to do to get out of Thailand.....................

Voila...we have this story. Now people feel sorry for him, his family will probably take him back, even the British Embassy were good with him, he's the victim right....hey, maybe he can even sell his story to a Sunday paper.

The money from the Sunday paper, get a job again with someone else who feels sorry for him, it won't be long before he can go back to Thailand, next time he will do it all different though..................

yeah right.

I thought if you were out of the UK for more than 6 months you were nolonger entitled to NHS treatment. Assume he is being billed for his treatment here.

Nope. More like three years and only if you haven't remained on a GP's books and haven't retained a UK address.

I thought if you were out of the UK for more than 6 months you were nolonger entitled to NHS treatment. Assume he is being billed for his treatment here.

Am fairly sure the NHS will cover his medical costs ,as he is clearly a British citizen ,and has no money .

Just googled South Wales Echo and the story is there, wether they are partly owned by the Sun or Star newspapers, gawd knows, but eating mangoes and drinking muddy water for a month?? If i eat an unripe mango and drink the village tapwater here thats it for 3/4 days, im on the throne non-stop and need medication quick, even mrs family who very often eat raw pork, when they eat unripe mango, they are on toilet within 2 hours, I cant really believe the jungle story part, cos if he survived, he would look like a stick insect.

I can't understand why. We eat green mangoes all the time. They are pretty good sliced with salt. Sometimes my wife fixes them like somtam. I also see them for sale sliced.

Don't be so smug .It could happen to any one of you here .The circumstances would just be a little different .I for one don't want to laugh at his plight ,if true .
If no one had told him about the possibilies of what would happen when getting involved with these type of people and the possible problems one can encounter then i too would feel sorry for him, However its more likely he ignored his friends advice and kept on the rose coloured glasses,if the latter then i too dont feel sorry for him, a lot of the posters here like me are sick of telling their friends of the dos and donts in thailand only to have our (ex ) friends run off with some mamasan or similar that is milking them dry and everyone but they can see it,. you can know someone all your life, bring them to thailand and you see a completly different person,.its very frustrating, and i can see where the criticism comes from,.

Am fairly sure the NHS will cover his medical costs ,as he is clearly a British citizen ,and has no money .

Guaranteed, if you hold a british passport NHS will do, whether we agree or not thats the facts,.

It's a hard crowd Thaifan2, that's very true but Mr. Pike's story does seem to be full of inconsistencies. IMHO I think Maigo6 has a pretty good take on probably what in fact happened. :o

In my opinion, the story is more like this............................

Farang comes to Pattaya for a holiday with a pocketful of money as he has a good income back home.

He is treated to the rock star lifestlye that money can bring in Pattaya. He meets a young women in a bar who treats him like a King.

He goes back to UK, can't handle the fact that there he is just another insignifigant middle aged guy, decides to sell everything up and move to Pattaya thinking he can live the playboy lifestyle forever.

His UK family or friends, see the error in his way of thinking and try to persuade him not to sell everything and leave, but he is adamant and tells them that " Thailand is paradise ", they argue over it, he tells them that they can live the same old crappy lifestyle in UK if they want to, but he is going, and if they don't like it, go <deleted>.

He thought he would never ever go back to the UK so took a few bank loans and cheated the credit card companies as well, after all, the great guys he had met in the bars who live in Pattaya had told him it's easy.

So off he goes, sold everything, left his job, fell out with Family, owes Banks and Credit Card companies money................................. it's called burning ones bridges.

Arrives in Thailand, lives like a Millionaire for a while doing anything he wants, soon the money is going fast, decides he had better buy a bar to continue his lifestyle, he can even drink at cost price, he buys a bar from a friendly Farang who tells him the Bar is doing really well, the bar fails and he loses a lot more money, the Farang he bought it from left Thailand to go back to his own country and get a job.

Meets another Thai girl in a Bar, decides he had better treat her good as he don't wanna screw up this time.....Offers to buy a small store and add it to the house he has offered to build, of course it's all in her name.

He loses again, hits the bottle really hard, hardly eats, sits in some crappy fan room in Soi Buakow, Pattaya, drinking Mekong Whisky and water till his sweat soaked body falls asleep in a drunken stupor, then he can't afford to pay the rent, all the really great guys he had met that were his drinking buddies in the Bars of Pattaya don't wanna know him no more cos he is broke, he is slowly dying.

He feels suicidal, he has lost everything, why did he ever leave the UK, why did he ever fall out with his Family and choose Thailand instead ?

Some old drunken Farang who lives in the small Fan room next to him tells him what to do to get out of Thailand.....................

Voila...we have this story. Now people feel sorry for him, his family will probably take him back, even the British Embassy were good with him, he's the victim right....hey, maybe he can even sell his story to a Sunday paper.

The money from the Sunday paper, get a job again with someone else who feels sorry for him, it won't be long before he can go back to Thailand, next time he will do it all different though..................

yeah right.

It's a hard crowd Thaifan2, that's very true but Mr. Pike's story does seem to be full of inconsistencies. IMHO I think Maigo6 has a pretty good take on probably what in fact happened. :D

Actually its a hardened crowd,. shame he hadnt hardened ,.

quite satounding the amount of sympathy you are all extending to this guy, have you ever considered he may have a mental illness.
The welsh will consider he has gone completly loopy and put a white coat on him i feel, they will not be able to comprehend this story at all and dismiss him as gone over the top,.

The NHS can't afford to,they're broke, they've spent all their money on the east european immigrants. :o

To anyone who is deeply retarded, to be more specific.

^^ Absolutely agree, alexth.

I think this guy is spinning a gigantic yarn, but on the offchance that even 20% is true, he has serious problems that maybe the NHS can help him with. And they're nothing to do with scorpion bites or BKK Belly...

I think he has blown this story up

because he has been taken to the cleaners and acted like a complete d--- head (sympathy i just want sympathy)

ps most proberly sat in an apartment for a month thinking up the story , then got a bite from a scorpion by his place and thought um yeah il use this

Edited by colino

quite satounding the amount of sympathy you are all extending to this guy, have you ever considered he may have a mental illness.

fell in love with/married a bg (almost half his age) on a three-week holiday, sold everything in wales, and returned to pattaya to open a couple of bars. divorced, married a "cashier" in his bar (almost half his age again), and got screwed properly.

mental illness? quite possible. :o

Edited by mcd

fell in love with/married a bg (almost half his age) on a three-week holiday, sold everything in wales, and returned to pattaya to open a couple of bars. divorced, married a "cashier" in his bar (almost half his age again), and got screwed properly.

Whats wrong with marrying a Thai girl nearly half your age ?Its the fact that she was a bar girl that makes things difficult .

too many inconsistencies to be true.....but if this sort of story prevents other w***ers from going to Thailand then its all good.

I cant believe that 6 pages have been attributed to this and worse......I cant believe I have read it all and replied also.... :D:o

What I would like to know is- Where is this wild jungle area outside Pattaya,?Please if anybody knows tell me I like to visit it.

I use to live in Sa Kaeo. It is east of Pattaya towards the Cambodian border. I visited Pattaya once and drove through a national forest to get back to Sa Kaeo. It is about 2 to 3 hours from Pattaya. This easily could have been used as the jungle in this fantasy story.

It was quite large and has roaming bands of elephants and wild monkeys in this forest. I never saw the elephants but did see the monkeys. The provinces on the Cambodian border do have some large forest in them. They are quite beautiful and I imagine easy to get lost in.

As far as this man's story goes, it has more shit in it than my son's diaper.

Edited by richard10365

Whats wrong with marrying a Thai girl nearly half your age ?Its the fact that she was a bar girl that makes things difficult .

did i hit a nerve?? let's be honest here, when you're a fat, wrinkled, ugly, old geeza in Pattaya and you have a beautiful young thing on your arm who is young enough to be your kid, chances she's in it for true love are slim, imho. :D

did i hit a nerve?? let's be honest here, when you're a fat, wrinkled, ugly, old geeza in Pattaya and you have a beautiful young thing on your arm who is young enough to be your kid, chances she's in it for true love are slim, imho. :D

Oh, I don't know......lurve of that purple veined wallet in yer troosers is true enough laddy. Gurlz just love to squeeze mine. :D

What strikes me as odd is; no matter how remote the location I have been to in Thailand, it's never ore than 5 minutes before someome stumbles out of the bushes or passes by on a motorcy.
Thats true, ,, i often stop in the middle of nowhere to have a pee and im buggered as soon ive started to releive myself some thai will appear out of the bushes !,. we were riding off road bikes in cambodia on a goat path about 150k from the nearest village,. one one us had a puncture and while we were fixing it a woman appears out of the scenery with a bowl of bananas on her head ! marvellous :o Edited by mikethevigoman