Certificate of Entry

Jumbo1968

41 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

My COE was approved last week for an October 1 arrival.  I am fully vaccinated and I am booked for 14 days at the ASQ hotel.  Let's see what happens when I get to the hotel? 

You chose 15 nights locked in a hotel room instead of 14 nights with the freedom to roam Phuket (Sandbox) ?

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

My COE was approved last week for an October 1 arrival.  I am fully vaccinated and I am booked for 14 days at the ASQ hotel.  Let's see what happens when I get to the hotel? 

Based on April/May they'll change it at immigration when you land.

Re COE, Vienna has updated info:

From 1 October 2021 onwards, quarantine period will be reduced from 14 to 7 days for fully-vaccinated travellers, and 10 days for unvaccinated/partially vaccinated travellers, subject to terms and conditions.

Those arriving in Thailand from 1 October 2021 who have been issued COEs under the old system (i.e. before 28 September 2021) may use their old COEs (no need to apply for new COEs); their quarantine period will be determined based on their vaccination documents upon entering Thailand.

https://www.thaiembassy.at/en/coe?fbclid=IwAR33nVok0lQt22BbN3hj6dYjEDnfH-azLWyoRZiveJ5aHvPxsf9L2TtzAiI

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Friend just applied for CoE and was rejected coz he booked 14 days, told to change booking to 7 days.

he travels on the 1st.

Do they mean to say that if you wanted to do more than 7 days quarantine you are not allowed? 

• Haha 2

"You chose 15 nights locked in a hotel room instead of 14 nights with the freedom to roam Phuket (Sandbox) ?"

Yup.  Flying from LAX to Phuket without connecting in BKK was more expensive than I thought it would be.  Also, I had pressed form time to get the COE.  The consulate wanted 30 days for the sandbox COE and I did not have 30 days.  Got the COE for BKK in 2 days.  

5 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I have ASQ booking, 14 days, arrive Bkk 9 December.

Early yesterday morning (28 Sept) hotel sent me a new booking document (all details) with days changed to 7 days, tests during hotel stay changed from 3 to 2 and appropriate cut in package fees.

However I'm waiting to see full details of the quarantine changes coming on 1 November, and assuming that it will change to zero quarantine (because of very recent announcements but I can't see any mention of the 1 Nov changes being published in the Royal Gazette). 

I will arrive in Bkk, but need to get as fast as possible to my family in Chiang Mai.

So waiting to see (on/after 1 Nov) whether travel from Bkk to regional airports (Chiang Mai for me) means hotel or home quarantine requirements, or zero quarantine/isolation, or perhaps permission in advance to do this travel.

Too early yet for specific/substantive answers but keeping my fingers crossed I can easily transfer from Singapore airlines on arrival at swampy to AirAsia to fly to Chiang Mai. 

Also waiting of course to see whether the COE requirements will change/reduce, or maybe COE fully cancelled by 9 Dec.

Or perhaps the COE factors will change, but still need to have negative test reports at check-in/boarding location and fast negative report on arrival, plus proof of double vaccination jabs.

(At departure airport, Sydney, there's a full/certified walk-in pathology lab, no booking needed, full report by e.mail/SMS/telephone/printed report guaranteed within 1 hour. Opens at 6:00 am, located at departure/check-in level, 3 or 4 minutes walk to my check-in row. AUD150-.)

All wait and see of course and to some extent dependent on numbers of new cases recorded between now and 1 Nov and onwards.

6 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

"You chose 15 nights locked in a hotel room instead of 14 nights with the freedom to roam Phuket (Sandbox) ?"

Yup.  Flying from LAX to Phuket without connecting in BKK was more expensive than I thought it would be.  Also, I had pressed form time to get the COE.  The consulate wanted 30 days for the sandbox COE and I did not have 30 days.  Got the COE for BKK in 2 days.  

Yeah, I chose AQ over Sandbox as well, even though we have a place in Phuket.  More of a hassle to get the house liveable again/mothball it again, pack up and then fly back up to Bangkok and drive down to Chonburi where we're based.   Also didn't appreciate the compulsory insurance (not in terms of amount but on principle: surely showing existing insurance and financial statements should be an option). 

p.s. Balconies and hotels that provide exercise gear are big +'s

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

No, he was told he could still do 14 days if required but chose not to.

Funny story , 

We did our quarantine last May and we did 7 days . We live in Khon Kaen which is IMO an Ethnic food desert. The hotel we stayed at  allowed  Grab Food deliveries and we took advantage of the food diversity in BKK. 

We ordered anything from Indian to Greek. 

Wife was in Seventh heaven , laying around all day. doing nothing, and eating different  delicious foods. 

When the seventh day came and it was time to go home, wife asked me if I wanted to quarantine for a couple of days more  LOL.  

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, mauroest said:

today I tried to fill COE form (UE citizen).
The first page pop up windows shows: minimum 10 days.
No mention about 7 and I am fully vaccinated

10days.png

Thats because you have chosen ASQ / AQ option (Alternate State Quarantine / Alternate Quarantine).

7 Days is for Sandbox arrivals. 

So... IF you are entering into Bangkok and doing a HOTEL Quarantine you still have to quarantine for longer (10 days). 

But, IF You wish to quarantine in Phuket and do the ‘ISLAND Quarantine’ you have to select SANDBOX.

839936799_Screenshot2021-10-04at15_34_18.thumb.png.b2c83e8c6d55e0edc10d86bdd3f1d433.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, mauroest said:

today I tried to fill COE form (UE citizen).
The first page pop up windows shows: minimum 10 days.
No mention about 7 and I am fully vaccinated

You can ignore that first pop up.  The next page mentions 7 days, but then before the final submission it mentions 14 days again.  Just things they've missed or got wrong when updating the website I think.

As you've seen, many 7 day packages are available for October already and more are being added.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mauroest said:

but ALQ/ASQ in BKK sell quarantine package of 8 days...for who? 

ASQ is for 10 days  for those unvaccinated and 7 days (8 nights) for fully vaccinated individuals. 

Thus, if you wish to go through the ASQ process in Bangkok (which means you can leave a hotel room for 8 nights) then you can go through the same process but book 8 nights ASQ hotel in Bangkok and submit vaccination documents with the CoE application. 

54 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

ASQ is for 10 days  for those unvaccinated and 7 days (8 nights) for fully vaccinated individuals. 

But the pop up says at least 10 days which is incorrect as 7 days is possible.  Very misleading IMO.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, treetops said:
16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But the pop up says at least 10 days which is incorrect as 7 days is possible.  Very misleading IMO.

Yes it is....   I guess thats all part of the idiosyncrasies of government websites for which there is no alternative and competition - there is no incentive to ‘get it right’.

Ignore the pop-up and you’ll be fine. 

• Like 1