Asking question about widow pension

luckywooman

Hello community,

i have a situation in the family.

my Dad is a born Australien, he moved to Germany when he was 30, he died at 82 from blood cancer.

He became a German citizen and my dad received pension from Germany and Australia.

now my question is will my mother is receive any widow pension? She is Thai and age 56 married 31 years.

how you do this and where do I have to write too?

any information would be helpful.

thank you

1 minute ago, micmichd said:

Write to the German pension service. Same address where your father sent his life certificates. 

Maybe your mother has to go to the German embassy or a German consulate for verifying her identity. 

21 minutes ago, Colki said:

I am a recipient of a Aust / NZ aged pension and am absolutely certain unless she was resident of Australia and think for a term of at least 12 years she will not receive pension funds from Australia. There are inheritance rights.

She'll get her widows pension from Germany because that's where her husband got his pension from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colki said:

I am a recipient of a Aust / NZ aged pension and am absolutely certain unless she was resident of Australia and think for a term of at least 12 years she will not receive pension funds from Australia. There are inheritance rights.

In that case in theory Germany should make up the difference to a full pension.