VoA and visa exempt

So presumably we do have to apply for the e-visa? asq.in.th website still state we can get 45 day VOA. I'm due to leave Singapore soon, but I haven't been able to get vaccinated here (yacht captain - not eligible) nor can I go to the embassy, as I haven't been allowed to leave the marina (can sail in SG waters but not land) for 9 months, so the e-visa is a bit of a lifeline. I'm concerned that I have to apply via the UK embassy though, as I do not have a Singapore visa either, being on a Not-To-Land regime. Hopefully I can enter Bangkok to quarantine then do the Phuket Sandbox.

Edited by katatonic
New info

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

If you're set on going to ... ah, sorry, I forgot your vaccination status. Mentioning "sandbox" threw me.

Yes, understandable. The authorities here are unbelievable, it's caused so many problems for yacht crew here. Can't travel, can't get crew in, can't get other jobs, not to mention the restrictions. I'm being investigated by immigration, with no timescale stated, for talking to a friend (he's also in trouble but he hasn't been paid for 7 months and can't leave) on a marina pontoon. We're allowed to walk around and go to the shops but not allowed to talk to anyone, which they seemed to make up as they went along. Could be months before I'm allowed to leave although my job finishes next week. The British Embassy are being very helpful but the authorities here are totally ignoring them.

Just now, Salerno said:

Damn, sounds like your stuck in a real mess. Surprising for Singapore, good luck in getting it sorted.

Thanks! Yes, a lot of expats here are noticing the xenophobia now. The PM even made a speech warning people to stop it. Not much different from Hong Kong in '97, where I also was.

8 hours ago, Salerno said:
8 hours ago, Tayida said:

Can Visa on Arrival be extended?

Yes, 30 days (although 60 day covid extensions are still available too).

That is incorrect information, though unlikely to cause problems while the visa on arrival is suspended.

A visa exempt entry can be extended by 30 days towards the end of the 30/45 days granted on arrival.

No standard extensions were ever allowed for the 15-day visa on arrival.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BritTim said:

That is incorrect information, though unlikely to cause problems while the visa on arrival is suspended.

My bad, I read visa exempt.

I thought VOA could extend 7 days?

Edited by Salerno

14 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Not exactly.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no 7 day extension.

Thanks for the education gents. Guessing the Indian guy I met went the "denied" route (conversation is a little hazy as it was around 4 am ... I think!).

Edited by Salerno