Jump to content

Thai PM orders nationwide crackdown on loan sharks


Recommended Posts

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha responded after press reports that people in Buriram were hiding in the jungle from debt collectors.

 

Daily News quoted RTP spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen as saying that the PM cares about the people and the hardship caused by loan sharks with their high and illegal interest rates and the activities of debt collectors.

 

Consequently the RTP chief Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk has advised his high ranking officers to alert their reasonably high ranking underlings to alert their mid range......

 

Well you get the point. Daily News was describing a nationwide crackdown by the full force of the Royal Thai Police. 

 

They noted that so far this year the RTP had investigated 1,900 loan shark cases and complaints of which 1,700 were resolved and 200 still under investigation. 

 

They even had a number to call to report loan sharks: 1599.

 

ASEAN NOW has continually reported loan shark cases this year. It appears that the embarrassing idea of people feeing to the hills to avoid debt seems to have provoked the Thai PM to turn a crackdown in to a bigger crackdown. 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • webfact changed the title to Thai PM orders nationwide crackdown on loan sharks
50 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

My missus (who is all seeing, all knowing, and generally omniscient in respect to the underground lottery, gambling, and loan sharking) insists that the BIB run 90% of the loan sharks, lottery and gambling, and spend 90% of their time hunting down the other 10% who are freelancing without paying the appropriate commissions.

 

You heard it here first.  😉

Right on, Baby.👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Next up entire police force arrests itself 🤔

They do arrest each other from time to time.  Usually it's a territorial dispute and some coppers open a gambling den outside their duly allotted franchise area and dilute the customer base of the legitimate franchisee. Quite rightly, the legitimate franchisee holders bust the interlopers.

 

The Mia Noi's get angry because the sugar daddies are transferred to desk duty in another area pending an "investigation".  Rumour has it that they can only return to operating their franchise duty after the official auditor has done an assessment of notional losses, attributed appropriate penalties on top of the losses, a bus ticket is purchased and soaked in water (for the smacking of the wrists) and fat brown envelopes are exchanged.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, petermik said:

The PM orders crackdowns every other week but nothing ever gets done.....more hot air.

Unfortunately, that's the way it is. The greatest archivment of the PM was the crackdown on state lottery ticket sellers. 

For quite some time, the prices are back to the before crackdown level at 90-120 baht per ticket. TiT 

Edited by tomacht8
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News quoted RTP spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen as saying that the PM cares about the people and the hardship caused by loan sharks with their high and illegal interest rates and the activities of debt collectors.

People who are unemployed cannot borrow from banks, they need financial help more than the fat cats sitting on billions, so they go to the loan sharks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, petermik said:

The PM orders crackdowns every other week but nothing ever gets done.....more hot air.

Maybe he could crack down on floods?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, James105 said:

peoples ability to earn money

Is  often  limited  by those very same   people,  when theres  no work they should  do anything workwise,  instead theyve gotten way too comfy over the years thinking it would always be that way.  There is  work, but its work they refuse to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I detect the scaly foot of a male avian TV employee in the composition of this article? 

Or just a lump of uncooked female bread?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

My missus (who is all seeing, all knowing, and generally omniscient in respect to the underground lottery, gambling, and loan sharking) insists that the BIB run 90% of the loan sharks, lottery and gambling, and spend 90% of their time hunting down the other 10% who are freelancing without paying the appropriate commissions.

 

You heard it here first.  😉

Yes. My home town/village someone won big time, the copper did a runner.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t a nationwide crackdown on all those in a position of power who abuse that power to enrich themselves be far more effective? Like a war on corruption? But then the PM would order a crackdown on himself and all his cronies, and we can’t have that, can we? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Wouldn’t a nationwide crackdown on all those in a position of power who abuse that power to enrich themselves be far more effective? Like a war on corruption? But then the PM would order a crackdown on himself and all his cronies, and we can’t have that, can we? 

Yes, why not a national crackdown on corruption and starting right at the top. No? Didn't think so.

In that case how about a national crackdown on national crackdowns so we wouldn't waste precious seconds of out lives reading about such drivel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...