Phuket Sandbox Arrivals

pagallim

4 hours ago, pagallim said:

905 arrived yesterday, the last few days also saw the commencement of flights from India.

Phuket-Sandbox-Daily-Report-2OCT2021.jpeg

Thanks for the stats pagallim... Weekend always busy for sandbox flights... Which airline is flying from India? I didn't see it on Flightradar yesterday and today... Interesting to see private jet Gulfstream fly in all the way from Paris yesterday...

Good news for future Sandboxers from Taiwan, Korea, Japan & China: Cathay Pacific moved their Hong Kong - Phuket flight from Tue. 8am to Sun. 4pm, more convenient time for local transfers.

56 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Can't see them on this link... I see them listed on FlightRadar24 almost every day, 3 "Go" flights from Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru, but they don't actually operate, for some reason they are still listed, it was like this since I started following HKT on FR24 since July.

Singapore, Emirates and ElAl were most consistent... Hopefully Cathay will be more stable now with afternoon HKG flights picking up more connecting pax.

3 hours ago, sallecc said:

Can't see them on this link... I see them listed on FlightRadar24 almost every day, 3 "Go" flights from Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru, but they don't actually operate, for some reason they are still listed, it was like this since I started following HKT on FR24 since July.

Singapore, Emirates and ElAl were most consistent... Hopefully Cathay will be more stable now with afternoon HKG flights picking up more connecting pax.

Sure, not great information.   However, the link to Phuket Airport should (?) be reasonably accurate.

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

Sure, not great information.   However, the link to Phuket Airport should (?) be reasonably accurate.

I didn't see "Go" flights on that link, maybe earlier it had different info...

FR24 is actually good to check later on, it will show actual times of flights landed & departed, and those which didn't fly will have no time info and their status will stay as "unknown" or "scheduled" (like those "Go" flights from India, Firefly / Penang or AirAsia / HKG, and others which didn't fly for many months but airports still keep them listed)

Screenshot_20211004-003820_Flightradar24.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for posting these data. One thing I find interesting is the percentage of positive Covid tests. According to the data on your most recent chart for Phuket, there were a total of 110,013 tests for the three tests combined. Of those, 191 were positive which is 0.173%. Research on Covid PCR tests has been reported to show that they have a false positive rate of 0.4-0.7% with the mean being 0.6%. If we take the low end of that range and apply it to the Phuket data, even if none of the sandboxers actually were infected, there should be around 440 positive tests. I haven't heard of re-tests in Thailand upon a positive lab result to confirm and rule out the false positives. So, how did Thailand achieve that amazingly low number?

See, for example:

https://www.icd10monitor.com/false-positives-in-pcr-tests-for-covid-19

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thai006 said:

I done the 2 swab yesterday but no news until Now   They say no infected person for the 2 and 3 swab. That mean ok so lol

You ‘done’ 2 swab yesterday.. where ?... Are you in the Sandbox ???

I’m trying to comprehend what you have written. 

You have completed the Arrival Swab #1 at the Airport.

You completed the #2 Swab yesterday (at a PSAS PCR test centre in Phuket) - They ‘said’ ???

Or do you mean you were e-mailed a test result ?

They said no infected person for the 2 and 3 swab ?  - so you ‘done the 2 swab yesterday, but no news until now?, they say no infected person for 2 and 3 swab ? >>> Utterly confused now - there are only 2 swabs (7 day Sandbox). 

You’re stretching it with the NASA symbol !!! ????

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

It took 43 hours to get the result of my test #2 taken at JungCeylon - that timing doesn't exactly encourage me to book a pre-flight test with the same facility when I eventually leave Phuket!

I'm glad I took a credit for test #3 rather than save it for future use.

Edited by London Lowf
To make it better.
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, London Lowf said:

It took 43 hours to get the result of my test #2 taken at JungCeylon - that timing doesn't exactly encourage me to book a pre-flight test with the same facility when I eventually leave Phuket!

I'm glad I took a credit for test #3 rather than save it for future use.

Finally never got the results ???????? but on the paper for let me free they say. 
not detected ????????

7 hours ago, thai006 said:

Finally never got the results ???????? but on the paper for let me free they say. 
not detected ????????

"not detected" IS the result - in other words "negative" or "clear" or "all good" - same same!

Edited by London Lowf
To make it better!