Intoxicated driver crashes his car into food cart vendors in front of Central Festival in Pattaya

webfact

19 hours ago, Anant72 said:

One more example showing how the 2-5pm alcohol-selling ban, thought up a few years ago by a nitwit, is effective and does deter people from getting intoxicated. 

Although bars in Pattaya would still be open selling beer or whatever all afternoon. Just the 7-11s and Supermarkets were affected.... I find it rather silly I can't pick up a few cans for the fridge on my ride about town, unless I keep an eye on the time.... reminds me of avoiding prayer times in Saudi Arabia....

Pathetic the shops themselves cannot prevent sales to minors. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Although bars in Pattaya would still be open selling beer or whatever all afternoon. Just the 7-11s and Supermarkets were affected.... I find it rather silly I can't pick up a few cans for the fridge on my ride about town, unless I keep an eye on the time.... reminds me of avoiding prayer times in Saudi Arabia....

Pathetic the shops themselves cannot prevent sales to minors. 

Pathetic indeed! Which goes to show how well thought out that measure was. And, by the way, has it contributed to a reduction of drunk driving cases? Statistics, please!

17 hours ago, Anant72 said:

Pathetic indeed! Which goes to show how well thought out that measure was. And, by the way, has it contributed to a reduction of drunk driving cases? Statistics, please!

I do expect the ban on 7-11s in gas stations selling alcohol has.... but wasn't the main afternoon ban aimed at 'protecting the children'....

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2021 at 4:02 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

I worked at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard as a Toolmaker. Just outside the base was a little bar with a lunch counter. EVERY workday around 11:30, the owner would line up three shots of whiskey  at about a half dozen seats at the lunch counter. As soon as the lunch whistle blew, the regular imbibers ran into the bar, slammed down their money and the shots, then stagger slightly back to work. Obviously that was a few decades ago.

Back in the mid 80's I worked night shift at a Emergency Room/trauma center in San Antonio , the 12 hour shift ended at 0700am and every now and again the night shift crew would head to a local bar called Barton's Boozery, we'd stumble out after a few hours and drive back home, can't remember if we used a designated driver or not.

On 10/2/2021 at 2:56 PM, Broken Record said:

The total ban on Sales will sort that out.

Remove this poison from the shelves, it kills million every year and causes so much trouble to society it should be on the dangerous drugs list.

Sounds like you'd be better off living in a Middle East country where they don't sell alcohol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Back in the mid 80's I worked night shift at a Emergency Room/trauma center in San Antonio , the 12 hour shift ended at 0700am and every now and again the night shift crew would head to a local bar called Barton's Boozery, we'd stumble out after a few hours and drive back home, can't remember if we used a designated driver or not.

"designated driver" in the 80's? 55555! 

On 10/5/2021 at 9:22 AM, bbko said:

Sounds like you'd be better off living in a Middle East country where they don't sell alcohol.

No, I like it here, just because I don't poison myself with Alcohol or Tobacco it doesn't affect my life in any way at all, you want to poison yourself , go ahead, enjoy.