Covid extension for STV?

58 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Covid extensions available for folk previously on STV

Thanks Jack... is this confirmed?

Ondifferent threads I saw opposing answers, but so far haven't heard from somebody who have done it actually.

3 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Thanks Jack... is this confirmed?

Ondifferent threads I saw opposing answers, but so far haven't heard from somebody who have done it actually.

@ubonjoe.   He will confirm one way or the other. 

My understanding is no issue.

4 hours ago, sallecc said:

Hi guys I just want to let you know that my gf successfully applied for Covid extension on top of her STV visa, so this mystery has been resolved now ???? Standard Covid extension procedure, same as for any other visa.

Good news. I am yet to see a report of anyone getting a STV 'ordinary' extension after 30 Sept. following the scheme being continued. I am going to immigration for this next week. Will report back.

I already did the same with a covid extension on top of an stv.

But I am wondering about converting to a non-O visa, my agent said they can do it a few months ago but now they say its not possible and we have to wait and see. Has anyone found someone willing to do it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, at15 said:

But I am wondering about converting to a non-O visa, my agent said they can do it a few months ago but now they say its not possible and we have to wait and see. Has anyone found someone willing to do it?

It was not possible previously and doubt anything will change. With or without agent. 

To obtain a non O you would need to exit and reenter. 

When does your current permit end. You can obtain another covid extension up till late Nov which will have you covered till late Jan. Depending when you current permit ends.

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Excellent.

BTW which immigration office.

Phuket.

First we inquired in the room where they handle STV / long term visas, they said "yes of course you can get Covid extension for STV, just go upstairs"... On 2nd floor it was standard Covid extension procedure (I do it for my parents all the time), 3 forms, 1 photo, all signed passport copies + TM30, done in 1 hour, back 3 weeks later for "2nd stamp" (before it was 1 week later, now it's 3).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, at15 said:

Big agent mentioned some "changes in Immigration mid-October", sounds like staff reshuffling, they say after that they will know more about visa conversions and $$$.... ????

6 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Good news. I am yet to see a report of anyone getting a STV 'ordinary' extension after 30 Sept. following the scheme being continued. I am going to immigration for this next week. Will report back.

That should be alright now when they extended it for another year. Good luck

59 minutes ago, sallecc said:

That should be alright now when they extended it for another year. Good luck

Only if it is a the 2nd 90 day extension of a STV 90 day entry. After that a covid 19 extension is the only one they can get.

The 1 year extension is of the order for the STV is only for applying for a new one at a embassy.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only if it is a the 2nd 90 day extension of a STV 90 day entry. After that a covid 19 extension is the only one they can get.

The 1 year extension is of the order for the STV is only for applying for a new one at a embassy.

Yes, It will by my second extension. Current permission is until 24th November so next week will be less than 45 days before expiry. Hopefully getting it done before they change their mind!

1 hour ago, sallecc said:

Phuket.

First we inquired in the room where they handle STV / long term visas, they said "yes of course you can get Covid extension for STV, just go upstairs"... On 2nd floor it was standard Covid extension procedure (I do it for my parents all the time), 3 forms, 1 photo, all signed passport copies + TM30, done in 1 hour, back 3 weeks later for "2nd stamp" (before it was 1 week later, now it's 3).

glad it was no hassle for you. did they give you 60 days from date of application or add 60 days to your expiration?

also did they mention further covid extensions?

Edited by at15

21 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Yes, It will by my second extension. Current permission is until 24th November so next week will be less than 45 days before expiry. Hopefully getting it done before they change their mind!

They may not do it 45 days early. That early is normally only for a long stay extensions.

Two to 3 weeks early is the most they will normally do it.

30 minutes ago, at15 said:

glad it was no hassle for you. did they give you 60 days from date of application or add 60 days to your expiration?

also did they mention further covid extensions?

It was for my gf, they gave her 1st stamp as usual (to return on 28.10. for actual extension stamp). It should be 60 days after her STV extension expiry, not from application date... They didn't mention further extension, I think they will do it as long as government decides to continue Covid extensions every 2 months.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 7:09 AM, at15 said:

Would you be able to share which office you secured your extension? I'm wondering if anyone has managed to do so at CW.

Actually further to my question above, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether 60 day covid extensions for an STV holder are to be processed at MTT (Counter K) or CW (Counter J) in Bangkok? I'll probably head there end of this week to enquire what's possible as my current permission to stay expires at the end of the month.

17 minutes ago, 5ilver said:

Actually further to my question above, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether 60 day covid extensions for an STV holder are to be processed at MTT (Counter K) or CW (Counter J) in Bangkok?

Chaeng Wattana is where you will do it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...