New Visa Without Leaving Thailand - Illegal?

just a quick question. i heard that between the Laos-Thailand border, there are agents of a four star or so hotel who provide visa services through the Thai Embassy in Laos; apparently they will do the visa run for you without you having to leave Thailand. i don't plan on doing this, however i was wondering if this was even legal or not?

just a quick question. i heard that between the Laos-Thailand border, there are agents of a four star or so hotel who provide visa services through the Thai Embassy in Laos; apparently they will do the visa run for you without you having to leave Thailand. i don't plan on doing this, however i was wondering if this was even legal or not?

absolutely not legal, you and your passport need to cross the border together.

there are agents who will supply you with laos visa , but you can get at the border anyway !! there are also people selling visa application forms outside the thai embassy in vientianne(20 baht) when they are free inside :o my point is ,there are many services designed to part you from your cash whether you need the service or not or indeed if legal or not !!!

illegal, although do remember which country you're in, rules are there to be bent SLIGHTLY... there's places in Bangkok that have been doing this for years but bear in mind you are taking a bit of a risk being separated from your passport

can't say i didn't think about it. if its legal, why not? but i didn't think it was, so i thought better not. and its not for a Laos visa either, its for a Thailand visa from the Thai Embassy in Laos, without having to cross into Laos. but anyways, thanks for clearing that up :o

illegal, although do remember which country you're in, rules are there to be bent SLIGHTLY... there's places in Bangkok that have been doing this for years but bear in mind you are taking a bit of a risk being separated from your passport

There's not too many dodgy visa agent's in business these days. A year ago Immigration banged up and deported scores of foreigners who used the agents. It is absolutely illegal.

Guest fj2003

why going n a risk for a visa?

it takes you almost just 24 hour

and let say around 1500 to 2000- baht

starting from bangkok , being back to bangkok

public transport, no agent, no hazzle with anyone,

victoria point, mae sot, trat, nong khai, aranyaphrathep, nan,

every borderpoint

just do it always on your own

and take the day as a nice trip

i have done it already some times with diferent visa types

tourisyt and non B

together with friends also but always on our own

never ask somebody for help or to do

just get the new present info about where you like to go

get a nice sightseeing in thailand or even an adventure

if you like going to the south o.k. but even there it is so nice

amazing thailand or the new

**** unseen thailand ****

Good adv. here. Don't do, never let hyour passport trafvel without you.

But also very positive, rainman, that you ask.

A couple of years ago, it was quite common for many expats to send the p/port out not thinking that it would be illegal. It wasw soooo easy and manyu did it.

The first change came, when the police stopped a bunch of passports (from the Swede and his Thai-wife, who than left the country) and asked each owner to come down to immigration to explain.

So just use common sense, ask and don't do it. Do it yourself.