Moderna Vaccination Update (for French citizens & their relatives) French Embassy in Thailand Initiative

Fab5BKK

27 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Again, the best vaccines available first to foreigners in Thailand. 

"Hospitals will receive the partial delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine made by Moderna in the fourth quarter of this year and they will equally have 40% of their order."

It is also available to Thais if they are married to a French person or the children of one.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

The Thai government look after foreigners more than their own. How many Thais do you know who  have had Pfizer? How many expat? 

So you agree that Thai government treats its own people like dirt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

So you agree that Thai government treats its own people like dirt.

No. My point was that foreigners are well looked after, despite some of the paranoid ones thinking that they were put to the back of the queue. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

The Thai government look after foreigners more than their own. How many Thais do you know who  have had Pfizer? How many expat? 

It clearly states that the French government is providing this Moderna not the Thai government, I think you are pointing your finger at the wrong government! In fact they are also providing it for Thai wife’s and children????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Again, the best vaccines available first to foreigners in Thailand. 

After the explanations from other people above, I hope that you understand now that this vaccination campaign is paid by French government for French people and their spouses-husbands, even if they are not French ; it's not a question of " firsts for foreigners " 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

You are wrong.

This is nothing to do with the Thai government.

This is the French government giving the vaccine to French and non French family members (including Thais).

There is also a question to ask here : could it be that the French embassy arranged their own supply of vaccines to be shipped from abroad, in which case all that noise about "the Thai gvt favouring foreigners" becomes irrelevant? I could well imagine that embassies could do that, with the assent of the Thai gvt of course.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

Other vaccines are not being approved by the EU, end of story!

Situation Sept. 18 2021

In Europe, four (4) vaccines have so far been authorized by the European Commission after approval from the European Medicines Agency (EMA):

• German-American Pfizer / BioNTech on December 21,
  • American Moderna on January 6,
  • Anglo-Swedish AstraZeneca / Oxford on January 29,
  • American Johnson & Johnson developed by its subsidiary Janssen on March 11.

They immediately obtained market authorization from the French National Authority for Health.

Edited by Fab5BKK

On 10/5/2021 at 2:07 PM, gejohesch said:

There is also a question to ask here : could it be that the French embassy arranged their own supply of vaccines to be shipped from abroad, in which case all that noise about "the Thai gvt favouring foreigners" becomes irrelevant? I could well imagine that embassies could do that, with the assent of the Thai gvt of course.

As I understand, the vaccine comes from France, of course in accordance with the Thai government ( French embassy is doing a good job ) 

I have an appointment for 22 th of October and later my Thai wife

Edited by Aforek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

As I understand, the vaccine comes from France, of course in accordance with the Thai government ( French embassy is doing a good job ) 

I have an appointment for 22 th of October and later my Thai wife

Excellent!

I'll be there next week!

13 hours ago, Aforek said:

Thailand is slow , where did you get it ? USA ? no side effects ?

EU countries have been using Covid-19 vaccines since Jan 2021.

https://covidtracker.fr/vaccintracker/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1196071/covid-19-vaccination-rate-in-europe-by-country/

In comparison, Thailand didn't score that well re. Covid 19 vaccination.

Therefore, some foreign governments stepped in by giving free vacc to Thailand and organizing their own vacc events here in Thailand.

From mid-June 2021, France started to organizing vaccination for its citizens living in Thailand and, then, extended the program.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:58 AM, Neeranam said:

What a silly comment! Out of the 1.5 Mio doses donated by the US government (donation free of charge!), 1.35 Mio go to Thais, 0.15 Mio go to foreigners. Seems that yesterday in Udon Thani, hundreds of THAI students got Pfizer. Please stop your racist postings!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, UTH001 said:

What a silly comment! Out of the 1.5 Mio doses donated by the US government (donation free of charge!), 1.35 Mio go to Thais, 0.15 Mio go to foreigners. Seems that yesterday in Udon Thani, hundreds of THAI students got Pfizer. Please stop your racist postings!

+ 1

I guess some of our fellow forum members do lack the ability to read and, even more important, to understand what they read

lol