Pandora Papers expose world leaders’ offshore entities, Thai tycoon families among listed

snoop1130

37 minutes ago, heybruce said:

And yet without Thai government, as bad as it is, Thai society would collapse.  Roads, rails, and power grids would not be maintained.  The six families would become the six warlords vying for power.  Rebel and criminal organizations just across the borders would cross the borders.

It's easy to criticize governments.  Yet whenever governments collapse or are toppled, chaos reigns.  History has demonstrated this repeatedly, many times recently.

Perhaps. But when it comes to the road and rails here, one can make an argument that there is barely any work being done anyway. Perhaps those six families could do more? 

There should be high speed rail connecting all the major cities of the nation. The fact that China has over 30,000 km. of very good quality high speed rail, and Thailand has zero km. speaks volumes. Add to that the fact that Thailand has done nothing to ease the burden on the highways, created by the antiquated "trucks are the only way to move things around" Jurassic mentality, and you have next to no progress. 

On 10/4/2021 at 6:40 PM, chalawaan said:

There's plenty wrong with tax avoidance. Mainly that it's only reserved for the elites of this crappy planet. I was almost put in jail for daring to have an measly few kilos of gold outside of Australia (all declared) whilst being a permanent expat!

Think it's BS? Ask a good overseas tax accountant. I lost a lot of my super unwinding that at prices lower than I bought, to avoid becoming a criminal fugitive. 

There's a difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. 

Just Google it for a definition. 

On 10/4/2021 at 1:18 PM, MRToMRT said:

In a country that seems unwilling to sucessfully prosecute elites that may be murderers of police, may be killers and eaters of protected species, may be illegal importers, may be scammers and law breakers extraordinaire, may have slaughtered innocents in nightclubs, may have spread covid from dens of pretty iniquity WHY would they be bothered by the exposure of a few offshore assets and accounts. 

I wished, it would be only Thailand …

However, looking a little bit deeper into it: 330 politicians and office-holders from nearly 100 countries are also involved.

Among them: Tony Blair.

Maybe, we should first scratch our own nose … ????