Jump to content

register second hand bike in my name


Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

it is the first time i will buy a second hand bike. I am living in BKK, non immigrant o visa.

 

What documents i need to register in my name?

Is it the same procedure if i buy the bike in BKK or in another province, lets say Hua Hin?

Any difference in supporting documents buying from a thai or a foreigner?

 

Thank you

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buyer - Passport, Work Permit/Certified address in Thailand

Seller - copy of Thai National ID, Passport ( if foreigner)

Other documents: Greenbook, both party signed transfer documents from DLT

not sure what else i miss

 

i help sell used bikes so im familliar with some of the documents, but it really depend if it's from an auction or a direct owner, the documents may vary..

 

AFAIK it's the same in every province too...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive been in LOS for over a decade -had many honda dreams  --never had them in my name and cops never did a thing

 

And i am NOT suggesting u do this--just saying--ive gotten a few tix and the insurance card on my bike even covered me!

 

Ive had about 4-5 Dreams and resold them all when I left....paid about 10kor less for each--they are workhorses.....anyhoo...

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

 

Ive had about 4-5 Dreams and resold them all when I left....paid about 10kor less for each--they are workhorses.....anyhoo...

 

So you are not sure if it was 4 or 5 or ?

I feel better.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, hadock said:

Any difference in supporting documents buying from a thai or a foreigner ?

Not really ID's from both buyer and seller. 

Proof of address.

Two papers that you can get in DLT to be signed by seller if he/she doesn't want go to DLT with you. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

if you buy a bike from a province other than your own then the number plates will need to be changed to local ones, ar job requiring 2 trips in some areas, if buring in own province best if both parties go the DLT, and do the transfer there, bike needs to go as well, can us an agent.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, steve187 said:

if you buy a bike from a province other than your own then the number plates will need to be changed to local ones, ar job requiring 2 trips in some areas, if buring in own province best if both parties go the DLT, and do the transfer there, bike needs to go as well, can us an agent.

 

As far as i know there is no longer a need to change plates.

It is more practical to do so but it is not required.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jvs said:

As far as i know there is no longer a need to change plates.

It is more practical to do so but it is not required.

If you do the transfer in another province than where the bike is registered the registration will be moved to this province and it will get new plates

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From my notes again for the "umpteenth" time ????

 

Thai seller needs to supply
Signed copy of  ID card  front and back ( not expired )
Signed copy of house registration ( not always required )
signed  " nungsue moub umnart  หนังสือมอบอำนาจ ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed  "beb  kum kor own le rup own  แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน    ขส.บ. ท. - 11
green/ blue book signed by current owner

 

Foreigner seller needs to supply
certificate of residence from immigration ( should be free at immigration but varies from place to place ) or instead of certificate of residence a work permit or yellow housebook is accepted in certain provinces
if foreign seller has left Thailand then a signed copy of the exit from Thailand stamp in their passport instead of residence certificate and valid visa stamp.
(Certificate of residence not required in all provinces ?    / DLT's Pattaya requires it )
sometimes the police station will give you this document too.
copy passport photo page
copy of visa page and or extension  ( not expired )
signed  " nungsue moub umnart  ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed  "beb  kum kor own le rup own ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
green/blue book signed by current owner

 


If the vehicle has a number plate from another province  then you ( the new buyer not the seller )
must either  change the  ownership name in that province
or go to the MAIN DLT for your province and have them " move" the vehicle to your province  this requires a new number plate and 2 or more trips
before the whole process of name change and province change is completed.

 

samples of the required documents in the zip file below.

Vehicle_Transfer_2.zip

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, seedy said:

The above is not enforced at ALL DLT offices

What do you mean by the above ?   all of what I wrote,  some of it, most of it ? everything everyone above wrote ?

if you have better information then please do post it here for all of us  to be informed before maybe a long trip to the "local" DLT   and then maybe a big hassle trying to  obtain the necessary documents from the seller after the purchase.

 

Yes there can be differences between provinces  as to which documents they require   for example at Chonburi DLT  they only except  a letter from immigration for proof of address of a foreigner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jvs said:

As far as i know there is no longer a need to change plates.

It is more practical to do so but it is not required.

I bought a Bangkok bike and had to change plates to Rayong.

 

Go to where you'll be doing the paperwork to buy and have them give you the forms and they can mark where signatures are needed. Bring the bike so the office can identify the engine numbers.

Edited by EVENKEEL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, johng said:

What do you mean by the above ?  

Read my post - Check your local  DLT  for THEIR requirements

EG - foreign seller needs Cert of Residence - or work permit - or yellow book - none in CNX when I bought my Forza in Chiang Rai

 

Edited by seedy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, seedy said:

Read my post - Check your local  DLT  for THEIR requirements

EG - foreign seller needs Cert of Residence - or work permit - or yellow book - none in CNX when I bought my Forza in Chiang Rai

 

So are you saying that in Chiangmai they don't require any proof of the address they will put in the green/blue book ?  they just take your word that the address is correct ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, johng said:

So are you saying that in Chiangmai they don't require any proof of the address they will put in the green/blue book ?  they just take your word that the address is correct ?

Read my Post 2.0 -

Foreign Seller - No. His name already in it.

They put MY name in the Green book, so needed my Yellow book

Edited by seedy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Afaik that's only required in Chonburi, no other province requires it

Hence the need to disclose this information here in discussion forums.

 

17 hours ago, seedy said:

Read my Post 2.0 -

Foreign Seller - No. His name already in it.

They put MY name in the Green book, so needed my Yellow book

I re read your post below  but it's not clear to me where you stated in that post 

you used a yellow book.

 

On 10/5/2021 at 7:05 PM, seedy said:

Read my post - Check your local  DLT  for THEIR requirements

EG - foreign seller needs Cert of Residence - or work permit - or yellow book - none in CNX when I bought my Forza in Chiang Rai

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, johng said:

Hence the need to disclose this information here in discussion forums.

 

I re read your post below  but it's not clear to me where you stated in that post 

you used a yellow book.

 

 

Your best bet is to go to inspection station, doesn't have to be the Land office and ask them specifics. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 10/5/2021 at 3:18 PM, johng said:

Foreigner seller needs to supply
certificate of residence from immigration ( should be free at immigration but varies from place to place ) or instead of certificate of residence a work permit or yellow housebook is accepted in certain provinces
if foreign seller has left Thailand then a signed copy of the exit from Thailand stamp in their passport instead of residence certificate and valid visa stamp.
(Certificate of residence not required in all provinces ?    / DLT's Pattaya requires it )
sometimes the police station will give you this document too.
copy passport photo page
copy of visa page and or extension  ( not expired )
signed  " nungsue moub umnart  ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed  "beb  kum kor own le rup own ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
green/blue book signed by current owner

 

What does "green/blue book signed by current owner" mean please? Does the actual book itself have to be signed? If so, where?

 

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, blackcab said:

 

What does "green/blue book signed by current owner" mean please? Does the actual book itself have to be signed? If so, where?

 

Thank you.

We have never signed a green/blue book selling our cars/truck/motorbikes.

The name owner just fills out and signs 2 forms from DLT and produces copies of there ID card, or passport in case of foreigners, copy of house book or proof of address.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

We have never signed a green/blue book selling our cars/truck/motorbikes.

The name owner just fills out and signs 2 forms from DLT and produces copies of there ID card, or passport in case of foreigners, copy of house book or proof of address.

@blackcabJust ask the Mrs to confirm and it's the DLT people who only do any signing in vehicle ownership  books. 

 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 4/19/2022 at 2:18 PM, Kwasaki said:

We have never signed a green/blue book selling our cars/truck/motorbikes.

The name owner just fills out and signs 2 forms from DLT and produces copies of there ID card, or passport in case of foreigners, copy of house book or proof of address.

I bought a bike and the local tax/mot place said I have to go to DLT in Sakon but they have someone can do for me. He takes paper first time then takes the bike on his pick up. My problem is I don't have a yellow book but they said get a copy of my mother in laws book and that will be enough.........my problem is everyone else say I need a letter from immigration. I am 74 and have no desire to drive my bike 130km there and 130km back....what is your take on this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 4/19/2022 at 1:45 PM, blackcab said:

 

What does "green/blue book signed by current owner" mean please? Does the actual book itself have to be signed? If so, where?

 

Thank you.

 

Sorry for my extremely late reply  after my hiatus

On page 5 of the Blue/Green book is where the owner needs to sign...maybe not all or few  DLT's actually enforce this ???  but better to be safe than sorry  say for instance the owner moved overseas or is incapacitated.

 

owner_page_5.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...