ThaiEVisa tourist visa application - 'Request Document'

I submitted my application for my tourist visa a few days ago on the thaievisa website, using the DC embassy.

Today I got an email:

Dear Applicant,

Pls submit the following docs through [email protected] 1. copy of flight confirmation, leaving from Thailand

*Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Best wishes,
E-Visa Team

I am on a one way ticket to BKK. I will just buy a one way showing from BKK to anywhere, basically. Am I meant to just send an email to [email protected] or am I meant to edit my application? Because I'm on the application website, and can't figure out how to edit my application since I already paid and submitted it.

@ubonjoe

From you mail, I assume that you received the mail from a so called "unattended mail", just check the mail address in the header of your mail. It probably is something like "[email protected]".

They do not want you to use the "reply" button, BUT to create a NEW mail and send the requested document to the mail address they provided.

24 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

From you mail, I assume that you received the mail from a so called "unattended mail", just check the mail address in the header of your mail. It probably is something like "[email protected]".

They do not want you to use the "reply" button, BUT to create a NEW mail and send the requested document to the mail address they provided.

Will a $10 ticket from onwardticket work, or do they actually check? I want to get on an ED visa after my tourist visa expires, and don't want to waste money on a ticket out of BKK

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Send the additional documentation to [email protected] as they requested. Make sure you use the same email address to send from as the one where you received their message. Presumably, they collate the additional document with your original application using your email address.

Thank you, I'll buy a ticket and email them. Will a $10 ticket from onwardticket work, or do they actually check? I want to get on an ED visa after my tourist visa expires, and don't want to waste money on a ticket out of BKK

10 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Will a $10 ticket from onwardticket work, or do they actually check? I want to get on an ED visa after my tourist visa expires, and don't want to waste money on a ticket out of BKK

They may or may not check. It may depend partly on how busy they are (which right now is probably not very).

EDIT: Note that using Skyscanner you can probably find a ticket from Bangkok to Singapore for about $40 which (in the larger scheme of things) might be worth it for peace of mind.

Edited by BritTim

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

They may or may not check. It may depend partly on how busy they are (which right now is probably not very).

EDIT: Note that using Skyscanner you can probably find a ticket from Bangkok to Singapore for about $40 which (in the larger scheme of things) might be worth it for peace of mind.

I'm not sure of what Asian countries are currently closed / open for travel. Is Singapore currently open, where if I booked a ticket there, it would be believable? I know Vietnam and PH are both closed, so im just trying to make sure

22 minutes ago, Kevinphall said:

When I travelled here last month the airline checked that my booking was real and live for the return flight - so it’s best to have a real booking for when you travel not just for the visa. 

Were you on a visa exemption, or did you have a visa?

1 hour ago, noodleslayer said:

Thank you, I'll buy a ticket and email them. Will a $10 ticket from onwardticket work, or do they actually check? I want to get on an ED visa after my tourist visa expires, and don't want to waste money on a ticket out of BKK

The ticket will be valid  for for a few days if they check to see if is real ticket and you can pay a little for it to be valid longer.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The ticket will be valid  for for a few days if they check to see if is real ticket and you can pay a little for it to be valid longer.

Yeah, I know you can pay like $15 more or whatever the fee is to make the ticket last 2 weeks. But in your experience helping people with visas and the onward ticket problems, do you think my 48 hour ticket from one of those onward travel websites would work with the thai embassy as proof of onward travel? Or would I get denied?

4 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

But in your experience helping people with visas and the onward ticket problems, do you think my 48 hour ticket from one of those onward travel websites would work with the thai embassy as proof of onward travel?

Others have used them for a visa application without a problem. Not sure they even check them.

1 minute ago, mvdf said:

Do the right thing. Don't defraud the system. It's because of rule dodgers and loophole hunters that they have become stricter over time. 

A return or onward ticket is a bogus requirement for any visa the embassies and consulates have created.

A return or onward ticket is not a requirement if you have a valid visa to board a flight

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 8:27 PM, ubonjoe said:

A return or onward ticket is a bogus requirement for any visa the embassies and consulates have created.

A return or onward ticket is not a requirement if you have a valid visa to board a flight

Hi @ubonjoemy visa just got approved today. Will I be asked for onward ticket proof by anyone? I assume not because I have a tourist visa now, but just wanting to make sure so I don't get screwed at the airport

Also, on my tourist visa my name is listed as "Last name, first name, middle name" format, is this normal?

Edited by noodleslayer

7 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Hi @ubonjoemy visa just got approved today. Will I be asked for onward ticket proof by anyone? I assume not because I have a tourist visa now, but just wanting to make sure so I don't get screwed at the airport

Occasionally, airline check-in misread the rules and ask to see an onward ticket. A short talk with the check-in supervisor will usually resolve that issue.

Immigration, on arrival, has (rarely) been known to demand that you buy a ticket out of Thailand. This is rogue activity by the officials concerned, and will definitely not happen unless you have spent many months recently in Thailand.

4 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

If they say anything about a return or onward ticket ask for a supervisor.

The rules for entry to Thailand state a ticket out of the country is not required if you have a valid visa or re-entry permit. 

4 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

Also, on my tourist visa my name is listed as "Last name, first name, middle name" format, is this normal?

Yes