Returning to Phuket COVID requirements for Thai visa holder living in Phuket from USA.

PunaBrian

Assuming you are in Thailand on a marriage extension of stay obtained from Phuket immigration based on your non-O visa for purpose of marriage...

You will first off need a re-entry permit from Phuket immigration (1,000 baht for a single entry, 3,800 baht for multiple entry) that will allow you to keep your current permission to stay when you re-enter Thailand.

Under the current rules for Phuket Sandbox (which may or may not be in effect in November) you would need to be fully vaccinated.  You would need medical insurance for covid with a minimum coverage of $100,000 USD for the period of time to completely cover your current permission to stay.  Note that the insurance is normally sold in standard durations (1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, etc.) so you will need to purchase one that covers the entire period of your current permission to stay.

Because you are on an extension of stay due to marriage you do not need the general medical insurance that is mandatory for Non-OA visa holders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Assuming you are in Thailand on a marriage extension of stay obtained from Phuket immigration based on your non-O visa for purpose of marriage...

You will first off need a re-entry permit from Phuket immigration (1,000 baht for a single entry, 3,800 baht for multiple entry) that will allow you to keep your current permission to stay when you re-enter Thailand.

Under the current rules for Phuket Sandbox (which may or may not be in effect in November) you would need to be fully vaccinated.  You would need medical insurance for covid with a minimum coverage of $100,000 USD for the period of time to completely cover your current permission to stay.  Note that the insurance is normally sold in standard durations (1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, etc.) so you will need to purchase one that covers the entire period of your current permission to stay.

Because you are on an extension of stay due to marriage you do not need the general medical insurance that is mandatory for Non-OA visa holders.

It is not true that all Non-OA visa holders in Phuket applying for extension require medical insurance.

image.png.79170efde3b092fb65142a9e3603951d.png

The above is taken from Phuket Immigration Volunteers website.

https://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

• Thanks 1

I entered Phuket sandbox in July

I had an O-A visa

I had double vaccination (outside of Thailand)

I had COVID-19 insurance for $100k it was valid for 1 year

I wasn’t asked to show proof of general medical insurance

I had to book and pay for a SHA+ hotel

I had to pay for 3 PCR tests prior to arrival ( this should now be 2 PCR tests, day 1 & 6)

any other questions let me know 

Edited by bolt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

It is not true that all Non-OA visa holders in Phuket applying for extension require medical insurance.

image.png.79170efde3b092fb65142a9e3603951d.png

The above is taken from Phuket Immigration Volunteers website.

https://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

Yes, that's true, Non-OA visa and extension holders specified in the quoted text above have been grandfathered in according to the old rules that were in effect at the time and are not subject to the new rules.  At least that is true in Phuket.

5 hours ago, skatewash said:

As has been pointed out correctly, Non-OA visa holders who qualify under the specific exemption specified, are not subject to the mandatory health insurance requirement.  The have effectively been grandfathered in under the old rules (which did not mandate health insurance coverage) if their Non-OA visa dates from 2018 or earlier (or they meet the other specified conditions).  This is effective for applicants at the Phuket Immigration Office and may or may not apply to other immigration offices around Thailand.