Looking for recommendation on induction countertop double cooktop

macnmotion

I'm looking for a double induction cooktop to use on a countertop (not built-in). Searching Lazada, I see a brand called Hafele, which I assume is a German brand but I've never heard of it.

Can anyone recommend a double induction cooktop available in Thailand? Thanks.

Yeah Hafele is one of the more decent brands. Stay away from the Chinese no name brands IMHO. The most important thing in an induction cooktop is the number and size of the cooling fans. Look at the underside and see what they have. These units will fail due to overheating of the electronic components so good cooling ventilation is esential. As to the rest, most of the internals are the same, big loops of copper wire and a borosilicate glass cooktop. The control types (touchpad) are really presonal preference. The Hafele along with Electrolux and MEX are the most common built in units in house builds these days and have pretty good reps.

3 hours ago, macnmotion said:

I'm looking for a double induction cooktop to use on a countertop (not built-in). Searching Lazada, I see a brand called Hafele, which I assume is a German brand but I've never heard of it.

Häfele is one of the top quality brands for many products. However you are going to be extremely limited in your selection for a double countertop unit. Unless you almost always use 2 surfaces at the same time you will be far better advised to get 2 single units as then the second one can be off the counter top until needed and you will have a much better selection.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 6:07 PM, scubascuba3 said:

My Electrolux single induction cooker has been good, not sure if they have doubles available. One thing though, no need for a 2,000 watt cooker, i usually start off at 1,000 watt and reduce it

Thanks. We ordered an Electrolux single unit. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 7:53 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

Häfele is one of the top quality brands for many products. However you are going to be extremely limited in your selection for a double countertop unit. Unless you almost always use 2 surfaces at the same time you will be far better advised to get 2 single units as then the second one can be off the counter top until needed and you will have a much better selection. I agree about double units, and the ones we saw wouldn't have fit our 2 frying pans anyway. 

Thanks. I agree about a double. The ones we saw wouldn't have fit two pans anyway. 

Edited by macnmotion

On 10/6/2021 at 6:02 PM, tonray said:

Yeah Hafele is one of the more decent brands. Stay away from the Chinese no name brands IMHO. The most important thing in an induction cooktop is the number and size of the cooling fans. Look at the underside and see what they have. These units will fail due to overheating of the electronic components so good cooling ventilation is esential. As to the rest, most of the internals are the same, big loops of copper wire and a borosilicate glass cooktop. The control types (touchpad) are really presonal preference. The Hafele along with Electrolux and MEX are the most common built in units in house builds these days and have pretty good reps.

Thanks. I contacted Hafele Thailand asking what temperatures their power levels correspond to, buy by the time they replied we had ordered an Electrolux. 

• Like 1