Pc / Mac

fasp

I have a windows XP machine and a lot of pictures in JPG format on an external hard drive, and I'm interested in buying an Apple Imac. Will the Mac accept the external hard drive (It's formatted in NTFS) or must I use an USB memory stick (Formatted FAT) and transfer the pictures with this ? I would be grateful of any tips regarding MAC and Windows

Thank You

I have a windows XP machine and a lot of pictures in JPG format on an external hard drive, and I'm interested in buying an Apple Imac. Will the Mac accept the external hard drive (It's formatted in NTFS) or must I use an USB memory stick (Formatted FAT) and transfer the pictures with this ? I would be grateful of any tips regarding MAC and Windows

Thank You

If your IMAC comes with OS X 10.4+ there should be no problem. Take your external disk to a MAC store and have it tested before

you buy

Thank You

I run XP in Parallels within OSX and no problem reading between file systems.

You may come across the problem that when you copy files from the mac onto a disk and then open on windows that there are a lot of copies with the same name a few kiliobytes in size. Your files will still be there, just don't think they have gone missing. Sometimes if you take files from a mac into a shop in Thailand for prints etc. and they are using crappy thai versions of windows or old pc's they the files might not show up. I have seen this in MBK and central, just something to be aware of, it's not your mac, it's their gear.