Jump to content

‘Mix and Match’ of AstraZeneca then Pfizer vaccination proposed


webfact

Recommended Posts

Thai-PBS-World-logo-54.jpg

A health worker prepares a dose of the Pfizer vaccine for the Covid-19 coronavirus for high school students at Prachaniwet Secondary School in Bangkok on October 4, 2021. Lillian SUWANRUMPHA / AFP

 

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health will seek approval, from the immune enhancement against diseases subcommittee, for the Disease Control Department to use a combined AstraZeneca and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine regimen for Thai people.

 

Disease Control Department Director-General Dr. Opart Karnkawinpong said today (Thursday) that the regimen is in the department’s vaccination plan, but not put on trial yet.

 

Mix-and-match vaccination regimens are now widely used in Thailand, with Sinovac jabs followed by an AstraZeneca dose being administered to the general public, and Pfizer as the third jab for many frontline medics.

 

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/mix-and-match-of-astrazeneca-then-pfizer-vaccination-proposed/

 

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I can say is that while there is a shortage of vaccines compliments of this incompetent government, anything is better than nothing for the interim.

 

I can say that after having 2 Pfizer doses ????

 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Mix-and-match vaccination regimens are now widely used in Thailand...

Only because the govt caused a vaccine shortage due to dragging their feet in buying vaccines which forced them into mix-and-match without any long term studies to support.   I'm sure if Thailand had ordered enough vaccine early in the pandemic they would not have been doing all of this mix-and-match.  The mix-and-match is purely a result of feet-dragging.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Better option than mixing Sinovac and Sinopharm.

 

The best thing would be to order enough of the proper vaccines and administer them per the recommendation of the drugmakers.

 

No excuse.

 

They've had plenty of time to order. 

 

Now there losing more money by being on red lists and warnings for travel due to their vaccination rates and vaccine choices.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pib said:

 I'm sure if Thailand had ordered enough vaccine early in the pandemic they would not have been doing all of this mix-and-match.  The mix-and-match is purely a result of feet-dragging.

Might have depended which vaccines they had ordered.... the Chinese ones would still have required some mix and matching. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mango Bob said:

Why only Thais?  It was given to them by America.

The 1.5mn donated by USA has already been distributed to high risk groups. Thailand has bought 30mn Pfizers, 2mn of which arrived end of Sept.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Better option than mixing Sinovac and Sinopharm.

 

The best thing would be to order enough of the proper vaccines and administer them per the recommendation of the drugmakers.

 

No excuse.

 

They've had plenty of time to order. 

 

Now there losing more money by being on red lists and warnings for travel due to their vaccination rates and vaccine choices.

 

Mix and match vaccines are now widely accepted.

 

From October 11th - vaccines issued in Thailand, including mix and match will be accepted in the UK.

 

Thailand is also removed from the UK red list from October 11th.

 

 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

Mix and match vaccines are now widely accepted.

 

From October 11th - vaccines issued in Thailand, including mix and match will be accepted in the UK.

 

Thailand is also removed from the UK red list from October 11th.

 

 

I Know there mixing with good results.

 

I wouldn't trust the mix and match with Sinovac.  

 

I've got my Pfeizer shots now.  I'd like a booster with Moderna if it's available come 6 months from now.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

In your haste to criticise Thailand you have failed to recognise that many countries have been mixing AZ and Pfizer for a long time already, studies show improved results / protection (Germany for example). 

No I have not failed to recognize anything. Let´s see how "many" different countries you can find that show improved results. I mean, there are so many that have been mixing as you say, so that should be an easy peasy thing to do, right?

After that, we have the problems with the studies that are made to quick, that they do not factor the possible effectiveness of the vaccine. Would there be such a need for booster shots as early as it is now if there were no mix-and-match? What possible extra side-effects might there be on long term with mixing different vaccines? Are the countries that do not use the mix-and-match system in same need of quick booster shots, because of weakening immunity regarding the same kind of vaccines?

So, all studies that are done so far has no long term facts included, which makes them deemed useless for establishing what is the best method regarding Covid vaccines. Therefore I am out of the opinion that we should follow the instructions from each vaccine developer. If that ain´t working, which will take some times to see the result of, then we could try a possible mix-and-match system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No I have not failed to recognize anything. Let´s see how "many" different countries you can find that show improved results. I mean, there are so many that have been mixing as you say, so that should be an easy peasy thing to do, right?

After that, we have the problems with the studies that are made to quick, that they do not factor the possible effectiveness of the vaccine. Would there be such a need for booster shots as early as it is now if there were no mix-and-match? What possible extra side-effects might there be on long term with mixing different vaccines? Are the countries that do not use the mix-and-match system in same need of quick booster shots, because of weakening immunity regarding the same kind of vaccines?

So, all studies that are done so far has no long term facts included, which makes them deemed useless for establishing what is the best method regarding Covid vaccines. Therefore I am out of the opinion that we should follow the instructions from each vaccine developer. If that ain´t working, which will take some times to see the result of, then we could try a possible mix-and-match system.

....  ‘easy peasy’... 30 second google search.. Britain, Cambodia, Denmark, Germany, Russia, Turkey, USA - all mix-n-match vaccines. 

 

 

Your arguments are the same the anti-vaxxers use when possessing little knowledge but a lot of paranoia. 

 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

....  ‘easy peasy’... 30 second google search.. Britain, Cambodia, Denmark, Germany, Russia, Turkey, USA - all mix-n-match vaccines. 

 

 

Your arguments are the same the anti-vaxxers use when possessing little knowledge but a lot of paranoia. 

 

Sure, let´s see how it all ends. ????  I have no paranoia at all. I would have rather got the virus than got vaccinated. However, just went home got it done. Went back and quarantined.

 

Edited by Gottfrid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive had two az jabs ,i hope to get either a phizer or moderna booster later .

the wife was waiting for two Moderna ,due this week now put off until next month ,so she went to Babglamung this morning only sinovac and az ,so off to BKK Pattaya hospital ,getting her first az on the 20th ,second 12 wks i think ,we will use her Moderna jabs as our boosters if possible..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...