Pattaya Sandbox?

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A Pattaya sandbox does not exist. The only 2 are Phuket and Samui.

It is not required to go into one if your are fully vaccinated and traveling from a listed country. You spend one night in a AQ or SHA+ hotel and after getting a negative corvid 19 test you can travel anywhere in Thailand.

1. Is this an official government site:  https://tp.consular.go.th ?

2. This is one of three choices on https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

a.thumb.gif.60a2c10cf7c2eca5e0140188fa5b7821.gif

3. By "Chon Buri" do they mean the entire province?  

b.gif.f148c0adc4a016fa6768ba7403cfd756.gif

A paid SHA+ hotel reservation is needed for seven days.  So, which hotels are those in "Chon Buri"?

Although I'm a U.S. citizen, I live in Mexico, which is not on the list of approved countries for the "Exemption from Quarantine (Test and Go)" list.  I need a Sandbox.  (I would not bother coming if I had to do the 10-day full-on "Alternative Quarantine".)

Any insights would be appreciated!

PS:  Props to @aussiexpat who posted the same Sandbox list while I was writing this post.

Edited by wpcoe

5 hours ago, wpcoe said:

So, at this point (7 days into the Nov. 1st loosening of entry requirements) that there is *NOT* a Pattaya Sandbox?

If there is, where is the official list of (SHA+ ?) hotels for Pattaya?

that probably won't help you much as not all of the hotels have, or have published, one-day Test & Go rates. here's a start...

https://asq.in.th/pattaya-test-and-go-hotels

I like the private pool villa but it's out of town.

Edited by Lemsta69

4 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

that probably won't help you much as not all of the hotels have, or have published, one-day Test & Go rates. here's a start...

https://asq.in.th/pattaya-test-and-go-hotels

I like the private pool villa but it's out of town.

Thanks

That list was not available 24 hours ago (I think that's when I checked that page last).  So far, there are only six hotels on the list, but I'll keep monitoring it to see if more (cheaper & closer to my condo) hotels come on board with the program.  I only want to go there at night to sleep to meet the letter of the law for Sandboxing.

Edited by wpcoe
misspelling

1 minute ago, wpcoe said:

Thanks

That list was not available 24 hours ago (I think that's when I checked that page last).  So far, there are only six hotels on the list, but I'll keep monitoring it to see if more (cheaper & closer to my condo) hotels come on board with the program.  I only want to go there at night to sleep to meet the letter of the law for Sandboxing.

aww c'mon it ain't that bad! ????

I googled "Pattaya test & go" and the only hit was the Holiday Inn so I booked one night there. but you can't do it online, only via email to their reservations dept. 

I chose them because they were clever enough to advertise a one-night Test & Go package on their website and also the room will supposedly be a seaview room. beach rd location suits me fine ????

15 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

aww c'mon it ain't that bad! ????

If I were only going to be there for one night, I'd be less picky. ????

My condo is in Jomtien, and so far, the closest SHA+ hotel on that site is the Citrus Grande Pattaya and the cheapest room is ฿15,000 for seven nights.  So, I'm hoping for something closer and cheaper.  <fingers crossed>

[edited to add:]  And now SHA+ hotels come up on agoda.com searching for "Pattaya SHA+" and "Jomtien SHA+" including  the Jomtien Longstay Hotel (SHA Plus+) for  ฿5,247.90 for seven nights.  MUCH better!  ????

Edited by wpcoe
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Pattaya (Chon Buri) sandbox does exist from 1 Nov (there are now 17 sandboxes)

This is from the Thailand Pass application when you select sandbox option 

Try finding a hotel that SHA+ hotel and transport from a nearby international airport to them. Plus the availability of the first and 2nd covid 19 test.

I would all that a wish list. Most are not even near a international airport.

I don't think Pattaya is ready for them yet since it requires setting up zones where people can to during the 7 days.

Look at a embassy or official website for the current sandboxes.

2 minutes ago, thaihols said:

Is it possible to stay 6 + 5 nights at two different SHA+ hotels in Phuket or does the first need to be a minimum of 7 nights?

I am sure you have to stay in the same hotel for 10 day quarantine.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I am sure you have to stay in the same hotel for 10 day quarantine.

Sorry I wasnt clear, this isnt for quarantine, I am fully vaccinated and will be getting the RT PCR test etc.

I actually have booked the above already at the Marriot and Dusit Thani and had the confirmation emails but not heard anything else since plus had no actual payment taken from my credit card and Im not sure what happens next...

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Try finding a hotel that SHA+ hotel and transport from a nearby international airport to them. Plus the availability of the first and 2nd covid 19 test.

I would call that a wish list. Most are not even near a international airport.

I don't think Pattaya is ready for them yet since it requires setting up zones where people can to during the 7 days.

Look at a embassy or official website for the current sandboxes.

For info, here are 6 SHA+ hotels offering Pattaya Sandbox which includes all tests and taxi from Swampy

https://asq.in.th/pattaya-chonburi-sandbox-hotels

20 minutes ago, thaihols said:

Sorry I wasnt clear, this isnt for quarantine, I am fully vaccinated and will be getting the RT PCR test etc.

I actually have booked the above already at the Marriot and Dusit Thani and had the confirmation emails but not heard anything else since plus had no actual payment taken from my credit card and Im not sure what happens next...

If fully vaccinated and from a listed country you only have to spend one night in a AQ or SHA+ hotel.

If fully vaccinated and not from a listed country you only have to do 7 days of quarantine.

After finishing either of the above you go anywhere you want to after finishing the required quarantine.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

That is only one of several places on the list.

The thread is about Pattaya sandbox, and you said it didn't exist. I only mentioned the others because they were on the same official list as Chon Buri

17 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The thread is about Pattaya sandbox, and you said it didn't exist. I only mentioned the others because they were on the same official list as Chon Buri

I had not seen that new list. I also checked a couple of embassy websites that do not show it.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I had not seen that new list. I also checked a couple of embassy websites that do not show it.

From memory the only mention of sandbox was in the COE instructions and you picked AQ or Sandbox (Phuket or Sumui) during the COE application.

Makes sense the Thailand Pass now holds all this info since the COE is no more. Also TP is now centralized in Bangkok so embassies don't deal with it could explain why nothing there...nice simple process lol

Edit: it is covered on the TAT website

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/thailand-reopening-living-in-the-blue-zone-17-sandbox-destinations/

Edited by aussiexpat