Earliest Date For Vehicle Test Before Getting Road Tax Sticker

JetsetBkk

The last time my 17 year old pickup was tested, the testers spent a lot of time revving the engine to blast out carbon from the exhaust system.

Eventually they were happy and passed it.

This time I want to go early enough so that if there is anything wrong I can get it fixed before the tax sticker expires in January.

I've already got my insurance for next year from Axa and got a new compulsory insurance certificate (Por Ror Bor) from them.

So just how early can you go for the vehicle test certificate ("Tor Ror Or") before the old road tax sticker expires?

Your post is a bit unclear. Are you taking the same vehicle for test that your son took last year? I can't answer your question, but as for taking older diesels for test: put some injector cleaner through it a week before and give it a good thrashing in the days just before the test.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lancashirelad said:

Sorry, speed read it & got it that your 17 yr old son had taken it in. I did wonder if that was old enough to drive in Thailand lol. My error. Tip stands.

I just re-read it and could see how you thought it was my "17 year old" who got it tested! That's a good one!

I'll go to my local car repair shop and ask him where to get the injector cleaner. 

• Like 1